cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power gear jacks won't retract

dbontherun
Explorer
Explorer
Power gear leveling jacks won't retract on my 2014 Fleetwood Storm, any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

nemo45
Explorer
Explorer
dbontherun wrote:
Power gear leveling jacks won't retract on my 2014 Fleetwood Storm, any ideas?

Need to know if they are electric or hydraulic and if they are hydraulic is there anything else that doesn't work. Like a hydraulic slide. The power gear website is a good place to go but you need to know exactly what you have.
Don Niemeyer
2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master T40A
2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 Toad

pweekly
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same thing happen with my HWH and then they wouldn't go down later. Used the manual switch to get them up and then took it to the HWH factory. They couldn't have been nicer and got it fixed up perfectly (under warranty).

Tricia and Tom

:B

2005 Mandalay 40E 400HP cummins/Freightliner in Sapphire blue.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depending on the jack, (Hydraulic, Hydraulic, or Electric) there may be a manual override,,, Check the fine manual for yoru jacks.. Mine do not have it However I know an alternate way to do it.

If you have hydraulic and do not have a manual override let me know I can describe two methods.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem with my rig some time ago. It was the inline fuse. They had only put a 5 amp fuse in and should have had a 10 amp fuse. I'm not sure where yours would be, but mine was on a pedestal behind the front driver's wheel. It looks like a small rectangular box. If you open it, you will find the fuse.

Good luck. Hope that helps.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Check the Power Gear website. There are directions on what buttons to push to get the jacks up manually. I have done this several times. It will usually reset the computer and the jacks will work properly next time.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad