cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power problems/shore power vs engine on

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a puzzlement: we are in a 2010 Fleetwood Fiesta 34B hooked up to shore power for 6 month- year. Recently while on shore power alone the TV, refridgerator and AC would stop working, I would turn on the engine and they would all work again and and even after I turn the engine off stay working for several hours. All batteries read close to 13 and are under a year old. Why would things inside the RV work when the engine is on but not when on shore power? The shore power has been checked and is functioning fully.
4 REPLIES 4

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is our inverter too..it has been a problem since we both this tub in 2011

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Stopped working while on shore power.but worked while running engine/after running engine

Inverter tripped.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

bhivetravels
Explorer
Explorer
Only problem I had similar to this was my inverter was overheating ... but it was almost 100 degrees out and we had stuff stored around it. Soon as it cooled off a little and we removed the******from around it everything was fine. Do you have a surge protector external or internal that runs before the inverter? if so it could be cycling due to power fluctuations.
Jim and Monica
Maj. USAF Ret. โ€” High School Teacher Ret.
2016 Jayco Pinnacle Ford 350 Turbo Diesel
Full-Timing with Meiko and Marlie:C

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
The refridgerator and AC both need DC, Battery voltage. If your TV is also 12 volts, then check the couch battery and the battery charger. To check battery, remove the shore power and take the negative cable off the battery and read voltage. Wait 30 to 60 minutes to take reading after shore power is off. If good then check fuses on battery charger and then output. If you need instruction post back.