Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

propane tank diameter? gallons?

evy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everybody

I'm looking to buy a propane tank for my DIY build (2010 extended Ford E250).

I will have a 3way fridge, propex furnace, 2 counter top burners, a standard bbq and a girard tankless water heater.

I was thinking of getting an 11.2gal manchester tank 32"ร—12" diam. (#6817)

PPL motorhomes is selling them at 412$ + 10$ shipping is that a good price?

I have seen tanks specially for conversion projects with all the fittings aligned at the side bottom of the tank, from looking at the pictures this one is not like that and I would need to add an access hatch on the side of the van and I don't want to do that.

Is there any other options or manufacturers? The only other one I found is Stonewell bodies, the price is the same as PPL but I don't know If their tanks have the same options as the Manchester model?

http://store.stonewellbodies.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=41&idcategory=30

Is there any danger if the tank is installed close to the refrigerator's bottom vent?

12" diameter seems like a very tight fit and with that guard it's even tighter, has anyone ever installed one By any chance?

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Neat looking installation.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

evy
Explorer
Explorer
Finally went with a Manchester No.6814 10"x32" 7.9gal tank
I bolted two 1/2" diam x 8" long bolts through floor, real easy to install, I added some rubber padding as a precaution because the streets up here are very bad and the tank may swing from side to side a bit but I will find a way to bolt it so it's completely fixed.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
I'm pretty sure the law says you have to have easy access, and if a door is used it would have to be one that couldn't be locked, so in case of an emergency the gas can be shut off.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you checked with a local propane wholesaler or servicing dealer? They usually have catalogs from more than one supplier, targeting a wider range of applications than RV installation.

I think there is a relatively long 10 inch tank that is close to the capacity of the short fat 14" diameter 40# tank used on a lot of C's. I've been looking where to put a tank on my regular length E-350, having a hard time on space too. I don't know that we can get around the need for an access door. If you install it so someone has to crawl under the van to fill it, could have a hard time getting anyone to do that.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
From what I have seen Manchester makes all the horizontal tanks for Class B's.
They make 2 a 20, and 30 lb. tank for RV's.

Manchester RV propane tanks.