cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Property tax

Micbob4
Explorer
Explorer
My fellow Virginia Rv'ers, how rough is the property tax on your class A? Virginia isn't a toy friendly state.
38 REPLIES 38

Micbob4
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:
Can't help you on the Class A but my TC has no property tax in VA because it's not considered a vehicle.
So, VA is toy friendly to TCs anyway.

Great point!! Lol. Your right.

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of states have a 'Personal Property Tax' Be AWARE! We were looking to move. VA and WV were on the list, low taxes, right? well yes and NO, on a much nicer home with acres of land they are cheap, but bring in a new motor home and NJ is cheaper! NC and SC same thing. Look at the WHOLE PICTURE!
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
It's based upon the "book" value of your RV so it only goes down a little every year but it is always VERY expensive.

That's something you don't see very often, a tax that actually goes down.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I thought that counties tax rates varied also.
bumpy

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Taxes vary from state to state, but what taxes are low there?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
VA is a serious pain if you own an RV. You don't pay property tax as if it's a house on the ground but you pay Personal Property tax and it is VERY high and VERY expensive. Take a look at the tax tables and you will see just how bad it really is. It's based upon the "book" value of your RV so it only goes down a little every year but it is always VERY expensive. Maybe if you buy a 20 year old coach it won't hurt too much but I seem to remember that it was 3% or 4% of the coach value each year. On a $200,000 coach, that's a lot of money (plus registration).
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I didn't know an RV was considered 'property'.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help you on the Class A but my TC has no property tax in VA because it's not considered a vehicle.
So, VA is toy friendly to TCs anyway.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Misread your question. Sorry.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins