cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"popping" jacks

Takemeanywhere
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I are camped in Palm Desert, AZ and we've recently noticed something disturbing. It sounds (and feels) like our leveling jacks are slowly retracting...one notch at a time. By feeling, I mean the coach sometimes rocks a little at the time we hear the popping sound.

Since the leveling gauge is a little off anyway, we use carpentry levels at different places on the coach, but we haven't noticed any appreciable difference. Also, we notice it most as the desert temps change whether warming in the morning or cooling at night.

We have a 2015 Winnebago Sightseer 35G. Anyone have anything like this occurring?
2015 Winnebago Sightseer 35G
2009 Smart Car 4-down
18 REPLIES 18

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
I used the oil that Lippert peronnel said and the problem continued. Does not happen in very hot weather. Jack replacement fixes the problem. 2013 Itasca Ellipse.
Ken

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
afrescop wrote:
There is a solution for this involving the use of a specific oil. If you go to Lippert's website there are instructions about how to resolve this issue.

It is an additive you add to the Trans fluid which is what is used in the Jacks. It is called Anti Stick-tion fluid. You add 1 qt into the system. Below is what is recommended. Doug

Torco RFF Grade 15
Maxima Fork Oil Grade 15
Caterpillar Hydraulic Oil Additive 1U-9891

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
does this happen for all jacks or just one. if one is sort of binding, replace it soon.
bumpy

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
There is a solution for this involving the use of a specific oil. If you go to Lippert's website there are instructions about how to resolve this issue.