cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Radiator & CAC cleaning near Salt Lake City

Bob_Jacki
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Tiffin Phaeton that is running hot in mountain driving. I'm not losing any fluid, therefore, I'm thinking that the radiator and charge air cooler are dirty. I have a CAT C-7 which was slightly over filled when I had the oil changed last March. The last time I was in the west, I had the same problem with running hot in the mountains. It was fixed by having the cac cleaned. Anyway, I'm looking for a good place to have the radiator and cac cleaned well in Salt Lake City. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
Check with any large truck maintenance shop. They often have steam cleaners that should do the job.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
It was not in LasVegas but i had my radiator cleaned at a cat service place and my traveling buddy had his cleaned at a freightliner facility. The Cat service used steam pressure. Don't remember what freightliner did but said if they could not get it clean they would have to take remove radiator. They got it clean without removing it.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Bob_Jacki
Explorer
Explorer
cekkk wrote:
Just checking. Are you ascending in a lower gear and keeping RPMs up?

Yes, I've learned to keep my rpms around 2000.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Just checking. Are you ascending in a lower gear and keeping RPMs up?
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Moved from Forum Technical Support