Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear Trac Bar over time on F-53

jrlibbie09
Explorer
Explorer
All
Iam considering rear trac bar for my 38' f-53 rv. My question is, based on how it is mounted to the rear differential, has it caused any damage to it over time? Overall, my ride is not bad, as I have stock sway bars and added a Hellwig to the rear, but esp when towing 4 down, etc, still room for improvement. Maybe add Safe-T-Steer too?

Thanks!!
Coachmen Encounter 37FW 2012
Ford Edge 2010, towed with
ReadyBrute Elite w ReadyBrake
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do not have a Ford chassis but you folks have still confirmed a Decision I made as to which rear track bar I will be putting on this beast when I get ye old round tuit.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

phnguyk
Explorer
Explorer
My brazels rear track bar mounts to the sway bar mount on my model year F53.

jrlibbie09
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the super steer rear Trac bar from Henderson, and the 230 Safe-T-Plus on the front. Test drive went well, makes coach feel heavier with less input at steering wheel. Heading out tomorrow for a 12 day, 2 weekend college football trip. Also added EEZRV TPMS for coach and tow car.

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

mc_cc
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a supersteer trac bar. This is what I purchased for my rig. This does not mount to your differential housing. You may have to copy and paste the link in your address bar. http://www.supersteerparts.com/products/supersteer-trac-bar-for-ford-f53-14k-18k-chassis-with-rear-differential-cover.html
Mark

mc_cc
Explorer
Explorer
There are some track bars that do not mount directly to the differential housing. I purchased one that mounts to the sway bar bracket instead. I have only had it on my rig for about 6 months, but have driven up to Branson and back without any problems. Has fixed my oversteering issues. It feels like it tightens up the handling fairly substantially. I did install a front trac bar at the same time.
Mark

jrlibbie09
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler

Thanks for your comments. I have actually seen you on some of the threads Ive been reading. Correction, on my original post, I meant to say I'll prob at the Safe-T-Plus, not Steer. So many names out there hard to keep them straight.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my trar trak bar 15k miles with no problems. I have never seen any posts of anyone havng any problems.