cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Ceiling Vent Fans? How to Clean?

rv4jimnme
Explorer
Explorer
Hi we have a 2007 Pace Arrow with the Original Ceiling fans. The problem is cleaning off all the grease and dirt, we have tried removing the screen and trying to unscrew the fan itself, but it appears those are "frozen". So we considered just replacing with new fancy ones that have a remote and super easy to clean and access. HOWEVER, after considering that they are not the original factory fan and will not fit the opening exactly perhaps it would in the long run cause leakage problems. I know some will say that sealing around them on top should be sufficient, however, if there is one place in a motorhome that will leak, in my experience, it is the vent fans.
I am thinking of taking the screen off and using my best efforts to get those blades clean as difficult as that may be and just live with them. Any experience with this or advice would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
As long as it is a standard sized vent most of the vent fans currently available will readily fit. I installed a couple of vent fans in our 2008 rig and never had any issues with leaks. Screens pop right off for cleaning and just single screw holds the fan blade in place making it easy to remove and clean. We use whatever degreaser the DW has in the cabinet and within a few minutes all is clean including the fan housing.

CarlGeo
Explorer
Explorer
Ceiling fans are all the same size, you can replace yours with little difficulty. You can remove your old ones and the new fans will fit perfectly.
Measure yours and then go to Camping World or other R V supply house and check dimensions to satisfy yourself everything fits.
Change-out is an easy job - go for it!