cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace surge tank on radiator 09 Phaeton

triplecrownsmit
Explorer
Explorer
The surge tank is going bad on my Phaeton and needs replaced. Have new tank but would like direction on how to replace. Pictures would help. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

triplecrownsmit
Explorer
Explorer
Got the surge tank replaced today, sorry I didn't get many ideas but I can tell anyone that it is a pain to do. It has 4 hose connections and 1 electrical sensor, Plus 4 bolts. 2 are underneath and you . can't get a wrench on the head to hold. Thanks for the moral support.

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
There are a number of threads with pictures on this forum and irv2.com on replacing the surge tank on these machines. Check them out, lots of good hints and tricks from others who have done the same task.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

triplecrownsmit
Explorer
Explorer

These are the 2 picture of the tank and where it is mounted

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Link does not work.

Hmmm worked for me. I tried
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Link does not work.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
triplecrownsmith wrote:
Trackrig wrote:
I've done mine on a 2005 Fleetwood Excursion with a C7. What engine do you have? Looking at it from the rear of the MH, does it sit on the upper right corner of the radiator?

Bill

Mine is an isl cummins on an 09 Phaeton and all I can see is the radiator cap as the rest is covered with a mat. I was trying attach a picture but don't know how.
triplecrownsmith, Lloyd Smith

Try This
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is a time lots of photos would help ๐Ÿ™‚
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

triplecrownsmit
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
I've done mine on a 2005 Fleetwood Excursion with a C7. What engine do you have? Looking at it from the rear of the MH, does it sit on the upper right corner of the radiator?

Bill

Mine is an isl cummins on an 09 Phaeton and all I can see is the radiator cap as the rest is covered with a mat. I was trying attach a picture but don't know how.
triplecrownsmith, Lloyd Smith

Moved from Forum Technical Support

triplecrownsmit
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Cummins and it mounts on top about 18" by about 12 "

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.