cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replaced duo-therm

fizikpal
Explorer
Explorer
I recently replaced my duotherm 3107612.008 because it would not engaged the compressor for the a/c until it was set at 60. I replaced it with a duoterm 3106995.032. Took a photo of the wiring before disconnecting the old controller and reconnected the new one using that photo.

Now, when turned on the a/c doesnt turn off even with the temp set at 90 and the furnace does not turn on at all. Checked all of my wiring and it is correct according to the old unit.

thoughts?
The Lynch's
2002 Shasta Cheyenne 308
TOAD: 2003 Honda Civic
Sterling Tow Bar with Brake Buddy
5 REPLIES 5

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
When I google the wiring diagram for the 2 numbers you gave it shows an identical diagram for the 2 units. I'd double check your wiring or something else is wrong.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
IIRC in the paperwork comes with the stat is a number to call for tech support.
The guy who installed my new stat was having trouble. He called and they diagnosed and cured the problem in a few minutes. In my case it was a bad ground to the stat
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Ahh, my mistake.
Did you use the exact same new stat as the old one? Were the connections identified somehow? Or maybe color coded?
If you have pics of both the old and new I'm sure someone on here could tell you whats wrong.

fizikpal
Explorer
Explorer
I may have been unclear. I did replace the thermostat, not the AC unit. The symptoms I am describing is with the new thermostat.
The Lynch's
2002 Shasta Cheyenne 308
TOAD: 2003 Honda Civic
Sterling Tow Bar with Brake Buddy

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If I remember your post correctly, several of us told you that if it engages when the stat is set to 60 that there's probably nothing worng with the AC. The stat is bad.

I suspect you will still have the same problem even when you get it wired correctly.

For wiring, you need to find out what each wire is for and connect it where it needs to go no matter what the color is.

Personally, if I were you, I would put the old AC back on and replace the T-stat.