cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced inlet water check valve.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
After years of putting up with slow filling of my water tank and having to put a plug in my coach's water hose to stop it from leaking when using the on-board water pump... I finally fixed it. The OEM check valve used by Monaco was sorry and small at best. The O ring inside would not stay in place so it would not stop back flowing of the water and it was the size of my thumb... limiting the amount of water through it. Fortunately I have your normal trailer water tank fill behind a locking door with a cap large enough to put a hose into. Without this way of filling I probably would have fixed it sooner.

Found a $5.50 1/2" PVC check valve on Ebay which I had to glue the 1/2" NPT adapters to... $0.75. New one is more than twice as long as the POS one but cutting out/shortening some of plastic tubing it attaches to was easy enough as the fittings are reusable. It is easy to clean if necessary as it unscrews exposing the spring and large ball

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...
1 REPLY 1

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
What a great tip! My water tank is incredibly slow filling, and I don't have the second fill option, so I will likely try your idea. Thank You!
1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad