cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Plastic Cover on 2015 Winnebago Era 70X Cabinets

rocketcityrebel
Explorer
Explorer
We just,purchased a 2015 Winnebago Era 70x Class B RV. There appears to be some type of clear plastic cover over the cabinets. Is this something that should have been removed before delivery to the first owner?
6 REPLIES 6

rocketcityrebel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice. I'll contact Winnebago. They used to build most of their cabinets, maybe they can sell me a new drawer.

GailS
Explorer
Explorer
Get in touch with Winnebago Customer Service and give them your VIN. They should be able to tell you about the cabinets.

We have a new 2017 Travato 59K also with high gloss cabinets but the cabinetry in the bathroom had a plastic covering that did peel off.

I wouldn't peel it until I talked to Winnebago or one of their dealers.

Oilman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Era. My cabinets are made with the high gloss acrylic like finish and they still look like new, no peeling or wear. What could the first owner done wear them through??

Mine seem very durable..so far.

rocketcityrebel
Explorer
Explorer
It might be acrylic. It is peeling off one of the drawers pretty bad and there are a couple other places where it looks like spots of it have worn through.

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
Are you referring to the fact that the cabinet doors look shiny, as if they're covered in acrylic? We just bought a 2017 Travato 59k and that's how our cabinets are. I believe it's the way they're made.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

Moved from Forum Technical Support