cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replaced my two 13 year old Trojan T105's

-Lqdskier
Explorer
Explorer
I probably should have replaced them two years earlier but those Trojans wouldn't quite die. But this last trip they wouldn't allow us to power our 1200 watt inverter.I decided to give the Costco 6v a whirl and hopefully they give me at least 5 or 6 yeats.
7 REPLIES 7

-Lqdskier
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted to go back to Trojans but out here the place that had them charged $150 a piece vs. $83 so it really got down to my current budget. We just spent about $13k on re-doing our stick house roof and gutters, not to mention kids braces, a new water heater, garage door and bathroom. It's been a exoensive year for sure.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
I installed two 6volt US brand batteries that are supposedly equivalent to T-105's, bought locally at a battery shop in Santa Ana, CA for $100 apiece. We'll see....

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
LDQ -

I hope to still be reading when you make a determination that the reduced cost was a good deal.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I sold my TT with 10 year old t-125s that were still going strong. So it was a no brainer to buy two new T 125s for our next TT. You get what you pay for and these batts work great as we dry camp as much as wet. I think that they are the best around.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
bdpreece, I agree. After getting so much out of those Trojans, I would have replaced them with the same brand. You can't do any better that Trojan, and I doubt any other brand will live past that longevity of over a decade.

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to contact Trojan and get some type of compensation for advertising them. I love mine but have never experienced that kind of service. Can't believe you did not replace with the same.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm going to hold out for the T105's in my upcoming BATTERY BANK upgrade.... Found a GOLF CART dealer here close by and I hope he can get me four of them at a discount...

I would rather get the Trojan's T-1275's but I know I can't afford them. These are 150AH 12VDC batteries...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS