cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement CB antenna

nbargolf
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 Fleetwood Providence 40x and I want to replace the CB antenna which is a 12' wire. I tried a 24' Firestick but the mount is totally different. Anyone done this replacement? Just need some suggestions.
2 REPLIES 2

Kaz
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what you mean, but the Firestik (and many other antennas) will use a 3/8"-24 screw-in base. If you're looking at a 12" flexible rubber antenna, it's probably designed for a handheld device and uses a BNC connector. Without more info, it's hard to tell.

One other thing to keep in mind, though. Motorhomes are notoriously difficult platforms for decent radio operation, in part because the nature of their construction does not provide a "ground plane" for the antenna. The Firestik is specifically designed to mitigate this problem by using the base and coax as a substitute ground plane. Using any antenna that requires a ground plane on a motorhome, without modification, will almost certainly give you such abysmal performance that you might be better off with two tin cans and a very long string. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you can get some further information, post it here and I can maybe be more helpful.

Skip
Skip
K4EAK
2013 Thor ACE 30.1

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check websites that sell CB Equipment