cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing HighPointe microwave

dshinnick
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 thirty foot Winnebago Class A with a HighPointe convection/microwave which is already showing signs of not working so well. An independent temperature gauge shows that, in convection mode, it's about 50 degrees lower than it's supposed to be, so cooking times have to be adjusted and things don't come out like they're supposed to. I unscrewed the frame and I see that the thing will just slide out; it vents to the front and the only connection in the rear is power, so that's easy.

I'd be interested in others who have replaced theirs, what brand they picked, where they got it, and any other info that may be useful. It's a model number EC028BMR. The opening is about 13"x9". Any thoughts?

Thanks-

dave
7 REPLIES 7

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Don't get it with the different sizes, spoke of here. The over counters are a standard 30in from what I've seen.
We replaced our GE while on the road with a standard residential from Lowes.
Then managed to fix the original and now have it installed in our house, which replaced a regular microwave and one that DW didn't like so much.
Granted they are now venting out the top and especially don't like the new one throwing out all that heat against the leather, which is directly above. Really not in the mood for switching them back again though, so.............
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
A couple of posters are talking about microwave (only) ovens and those comments do not apply to a convection/microwave oven.
We have also replaced our convection oven a couple of times. The Sharp was very good but it's hard, if not impossible to find these days. We then went to the GE Advantium oven as the features sounds really good. It was not and my wife hated it and the way it cooked. We replaced that even those it worked with a GE Profile oven and have been very happy. They were all the same size and were direct replacements. You just have to take a look at how the oven vents. We need one that vents from the top of the oven into the RV but directly out the front and not toward the ceiling due to the way the housing is built. Just be sure you get one that allows proper venting and the rest should work itself out.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
when I worked at sears, I had a lot of people come in looking for microwaves for replacement. some we could help some not. sears also sold a framing kit and anchors for their units. if not get a hold of the winnie factory for help. good luck. I forgot to mention that you should take out the old one and measure it and then measure the hole also. be prepared for you search.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do be cautious if there is a conversion kit from countertop to built-in. A relative of mine replaced theirs ( had dealer do it) with a model such as this. It has top venting instead of front venting. They had to shim at the rear to bring it out far enough for the venting to be uncovered as their are upper cabinets above it. Those cabinet fronts still get extremely hot when the convection is being used. Metal handles so hot they will burn you. Don't just buy anything. Make sure the venting is correct for your setup.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
We replace ours in a 99 model and went to lowes/Homedepot and found one to fit the space. Get the brand you want. They comes with a mount.

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
Convection Microwaves the size needed to fit in our RVs seem to be getting harder to find, at least known brands. I've never heard of HighPoint.
I've had to replace the unit in my '99 Winnie twice. The original was a Sharp unit. 2 years ago, Sharp still made one with similar dimensions, which I bought.
Last year, an electrical issue took out that microwave. Looking for another replacement, I had no luck. Seems Sharp discontinued the .9 Cu Ft Conv/Mw models. I found nothing that would fit the space. Wound up getting a GE .9
CuFt Microwave w/o the convection feature. It does have "Alexa" capabilities, though I don't know if I will ever use it. I do have the Echo Show, so I could.
I'm an old Electronics repairman, including MW Ovens (yes, people used to actualy pay to have them repaired, lol). I'm reluctant to buy anything I've never heard of. I stick to Sharp, Panasonic, Toshiba, GE.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
2 travel trailer ago we replaced the original microwave that came with the camper. We wet to WalMart and just picked up one that looked pretty and fit the space. I had to do a little bit of modification to anchor it down and then close up the gap with trim, but thanks to the old microwave that came out, I was able to match up and make it look factory installed again, even though the new one was slightly smaller than the original. (and it was red!... real purrrr-tee!)