cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing old microwave/convection

Michael1222
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2003 Class C Four Winds. Microwave is a 2001. Part of the panel is burned out so very hard to read directions. Want to replace with same item even though it's very old but we love the concept. Called RV Tech and he stated that we should not be looking at same item because it is obsolete. It's a Sharp R-820bk micro/convection. Can still locate but cost is a little ridiculous. Do you think we are crazy to want to replace with same or to look at other models. Is one hard to install? Or can we just pull this one out and replace with one either identical or with right size specifications.
3 REPLIES 3

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never did learn how to use the convection oven in our 5th wheel. We just use the Microwave hehe...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Michael1222 wrote:
Do you think we are crazy to want to replace with same

yes, unless priced as the other new ones.
bumpy

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replace it with a nice new one from best buy or walmart. Not really hard to replace. Did mine last month while out camping. The new one is so far superior to the old piece of crud. As a benefit the fan is whisper quiet. Unlike the old ones screaming fan