cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Over the Oven Microwave

nyny
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 Adventurer. The sharp microwave has cooked its last meal. Does anyone out there know how to remove this from its mount?
8 REPLIES 8

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago mounts them a number of ways but in general they are easy to remove. I had to remove the wood trim and as I recall two screws on the sides and a steel bracket that screwed to a steel plate in the ceiling.
I would call customer service and ask them about yours. If you have your VIN they can cross that to your Winnebago unit ID and maybe give you a better answer.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Lobstah
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was as described above, only my cabinet didn't have a "false floor". It had a "false back"...if that makes sense. That cabinet isn't very deep in our coach, maybe 4"? We use it for spices.
I had to remove the back panel of the cabinet to expose the left hand screw. For the right screw, I had to remove the right sidewall of the cabinet to get into the space that houses one of the surround sound speakers. The bolt was under the speaker.

Btw...I bought my exact replacement from Amazon. I think it was $600.

Jim
2005 Pace Arrow 36D
Very Understanding Wife
1 Boxer ๐Ÿ˜ž
3 Maine Coon cats

lexxie
Explorer
Explorer
We had to remove ours piece by piece, they must have built the motorhome around the microwave; there is no cupboards above it with false bottoms (ours was in a Georgetown). It was a lot of work, hope yours is easier.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Above advice is correct. Two long diagonal screws on the front bottom and two screws on the top under the cabinet floor. My false floor was held in by about 15 staples. Needless to say it is now held in by some wood screws.

My Sharp had the run 59 seconds and stop problem.

Had to replace a small motor inside it.

What problem are you having with yours?

It's important to have two people there when you remove it as it is heavy.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
In addition to the 2 Screws that Hold in from the Top Front there are also 2 Very Long Bolts that are hidden behind the Lower Front Grill.
These go up at a 45 degree * angle from front to back into the support bracket which is a Metal Plate behind the Microwave that is attached to the wall.

I found that a Rubbermaid Tote was the right size to fit under the MW on the Stove Top. This worked well to support the MW once the Bolts were removed.

The MW actually hooks onto the metal bracket so be prepared to lift it up slightly in order to get it away from the wall!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Welcome to the Forums!

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ours is mounted from top of microwave.
The cabinet above stove top/microwave has a false bottom that had to be removed in order to get to mounting screws
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
some have a shelf under them and theres screws that go into the feet of the microwave.