Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Anyone using an airdog FRRP on their cummins ISB?

I have a 1999 holiday rambler endeavor that just recently started giving me trouble. The engine is a cummins ISB 5.9 275HP. It has run great for the year that I have owned it. The recent trouble is that it just cranks and cranks when I go to start it...

Reverse Alert Warning brake and Alarm

I wonder if similar systems exist in the U.S. Tragedies have happened where small children /animals have been injured or killed by a backing MotorhomeFacebook page of Reverse Alert Australia

New Class C's don't come with cab carpeting now?

While shopping for our new larger and longer class c, we noticed that most of the major manufacturers no long carpet the cab. Didn't seem to matter if it was Chevy or Ford, they all had black rubber floor like you'd have in a commercial truck. My 2...

454 Southwind Popping back at carburetor solved-- revised

My 1989 Southwind 454 P30 chassis with 48,000 miles on it started popping back at the carb. I had a hard time figuring out if it was fuel, (vapor lock) or ignition. I searched all the internet for days trying to figure this out and ended up more conf...

jyrostng by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire changing on Class C

I have just discovered a bad tire on my Class C. Naturally it is the inside rear on the driver's side. Looks like it is separating as there is a knot on the sidewall and a lot of vibration when driving down the road. I have a few questions. First...

1993 conquest by gulfstream

Just inherited this RV, never had one before. Made the first trip last weekend, what an experience, refrigerator struggled to get below 50, water pressure horrible, swayed horribly (heard that air suspension would help in rear) and am having difficu...

Wall Mounted Light Sconces

In need of a source for replacement 12VDC light sconces to go on both sides of the bed and on the wall at both ends of the sofa. Any good suggestions for online sources?

10forty2 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Dash AC Weak

I have a Winnebago on P22 8.1, 2007. The dash AC has started to loose power when the motor is accelerating, etc. Does not happen when on outside air, only on max. Probably some kind of vacuum leak, Any advice on where to start the search? Gonna ...

tires and brakes on my four winds chevy 3500 chassis

Just to follow up on an old subject. All about tires. I bought 4 new tires for our class c rears from firestone. Inflated them to 80 and the fronts to 75. Ran over 8000 miles this last summer from west coast to east and back. Not one bit of trou...

Headlights stay on all the time

2010 Discovery on a Spartan Chassis. We keep our coach plugged into a 30 amp circuit when at our stick built. Recently had 3 power outages right in a row. 2 were out and then back on and the third was out for 15 to 20 minutes. Wife and I went out to...

Real-life maintenance costs on a small B+

Just looking for some info from those who have done it.Possibly next year I'm going to seriously start looking for a B+ in the 21-24', 10-15 yr old, 30K-60K miles, & $20-$30K range. From what I've seen of actual "sold" prices on Ebay & PPL this is d...

coolmom42 by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

snake skin

Found an 18 inch snake skin under the dining table that has been shed in the last month.Leaving in the next 2 days for a short trip, havent told the DW.I think it will leave once it wipes out whatever it was dining on (mice).What would you do?

P3TC by Explorer
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes

Jayco Precept 29UM/Winegard Carryout G2

My Father in Law recently purchased a new Jayco 29UM Precept and the Winegard Carryout G2 portable satellite/Dish TV receiver to go with it.This is his first RV. After having numerous problems with the slide out the first time he used it, he can't ge...

propane tank diameter? gallons?

Hi everybodyI'm looking to buy a propane tank for my DIY build (2010 extended Ford E250).I will have a 3way fridge, propex furnace, 2 counter top burners, a standard bbq and a girard tankless water heater.I was thinking of getting an 11.2gal manchest...

evy by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes