cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolution driving/fog lights

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Our Revolution has two driving/fog lights that do little more than glow.
Don't help a thing. Pulled one out to see about a stronger replacement. I think I remember them only being 15 watts, perhaps 25 watts at the most.
I have not fund a halogen bulb with a base like it has anywhere.
Can't take the bulb out of the ceramic base either.
Has anyone solved this problem on their Revolution or know of the solution?
6 REPLIES 6

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
TechWriter wrote:
down home wrote:
Don't help a thing. Pulled one out to see about a stronger replacement. I think I remember them only being 15 watts, perhaps 25 watts at the most.
I have not found a halogen bulb with a base like it has anywhere.

Replaced my Halogen driving lights in my 2001 Mountain Aire with LEDs from www.m4products.com.

The LED was a direct replacement for the stock halogen.

Much, much, much better.

Thanks ,I was looking for someone who had what we have and change them out.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
I have not found a halogen bulb with a base like it has anywhere.

Replaced my Halogen driving lights in my 2001 Mountain Aire with LEDs from www.m4products.com.

The LED was a direct replacement for the stock halogen.

Much, much, much better.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also you might not be getting a full 12.5 volts to the bulb. Something you might want to check. Our our Newmar, I had to put in a relay from the battery to get the needed voltage.

Just went out and check ours. The only thing I can find in my book is a MR16 which would not give off much light. Mine are seal beam and you could drive with them if legal for that. I think regular lights are wither 55 or maybe 65 watts. My driving lights are over 100 watts, and are set very close to the ground and the front of the RV. We have several DOT check points and they have a gauge to check them here.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't ring a bell, but I don't have exhaustive knowledge for every 12 volt bulb out there.

Check here and see if any of these look like a similar base, then we will know what type of bulb it is:

Super Bright Leds

The other option is to measure the size of the opening you have to work with (might have to remove fascia / trim piece) and order a replacement sealed LED unit. A replacement unit will be MUCH BRIGHTER than any drop in replacement bulb would be, but also harder to install.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Picture of the bulb or description of its markings would help.

The Motorhome i store quit some distance away so I can't get to and server won't let photos be sent.
Its an elongaed rounded end hallogen bulb in a white round ceramic base, and then the plastic bit that turns and holds it in.
It is either 15 or 25 watt bulb.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Picture of the bulb or description of its markings would help.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed