Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rolling stones - if we dont, we're gonna blow a 50 amp fuse

tres_perros
Explorer
Explorer
Morning!

Question de jour

Got a 50 amp service on MH, if I buy a 50 amp female to 30 amp male adapter ( for one park)... will some of my equipment on board NOT run....(because I only have one hot leg?)

Thanks so much... first shakedown cruise to Key West with the toad attached... 92 YJ.. all pointers welcome!

Best regards

Keith
24 REPLIES 24

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
We had a problem with our TV overloading the 30 amp service. When the AC was on and we tried to watch TV at the same time it would overload the circuit. We found a simple fix for the problem. We just converted the TV to run on propane and that solved the problem.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
sailor_lou wrote:
In order to maintain the RV.net standards, I'll offer the following:

With 30 Amp service you will only have every other load working if your rig is facing north or all the loads at 60.0 volts if facing south. The generator works pretty much the same way, but the directions are tied to facing either east or west. Hope this helps maintain our site standards.

Only kidding !!!!!

Lou

Makes sense to me. The magnetic poles must have something to do with it. That is why I always planted my corn in rows north to south and my tomatoes east to west.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

PUCampin
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a bit of food for thought. On a 30A service limit it is not likely to matter, but if the RV is wired with any Multi Wire Branch Circuits, there is the potential to overload the neutral due to both sides now being fed from the same leg. 🙂
2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!):B

Me:B DW:) and the 3 in 3 :E
DD:B 2006, DS 😛 2007, DD :C 2008

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
In order to maintain the RV.net standards, I'll offer the following:

With 30 Amp service you will only have every other load working if your rig is facing north or all the loads at 60.0 volts if facing south. The generator works pretty much the same way, but the directions are tied to facing either east or west. Hope this helps maintain our site standards.

Only kidding !!!!!

Lou

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Close the thread now and you will have 100% correct answers!

But, wait... more entertainment to follow.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
He seems to have a Bounder Diesel by Fleetwood. He needs to respond, but I thought MOST Fleetwoods had a EMS system which will automatically manage his 120 loads on 30 amp service. Doug

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
All of your equipment will run, assuming you have no uncommon 240 volt appliances. The 30/50 adapter supplies the single 120 hot leg to both of the 50 amp service hot legs. The 30 amp breaker limit does mean you won't be able to run as many devices at the same time though, so you'll need to alternate the heavy draw item usage.
This is unusual, a response to a 50 amp/30amp question that is absolutely correct. But just wait, I am pretty sure a whole bunch of goofy-deer responses will still show up.

LOL but so true.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
For us when having to exist on only 30 amp service we run only one air conditioner, I put the water heater on propane and sometimes switch the refrigerator to propane. If DW is going to use her hair dryer I try to make sure the air conditioner doesn't cycle. Our coffee maker uses a lot of power so it gets the priority when we first get up. Often, if the 30 amp service is strong I can even use both air conditioners if nothing else is running.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
All of your equipment will run, assuming you have no uncommon 240 volt appliances. The 30/50 adapter supplies the single 120 hot leg to both of the 50 amp service hot legs. The 30 amp breaker limit does mean you won't be able to run as many devices at the same time though, so you'll need to alternate the heavy draw item usage.
This is unusual, a response to a 50 amp/30amp question that is absolutely correct. But just wait, I am pretty sure a whole bunch of goofy-deer responses will still show up.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate