cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof repair

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Despite cleaning with acetone and scrubbing the Eternabond still not stick, I'm not sure if the caulking is either. Also where the radio resides need to remove it and fix the deck underneath due to previous leaks. I'm not sure what the PI put on this but nothing wants to stick up front. In the back I've used Eternabond successfully with no issue's.

I've thought along the lines of just cutting back past the radio antenna and buying a new piece of Alpha superflex and using Eternabond on the joining seams. Bad idea?

The back 25ft or so of roof itself is in great shape still and no other leaks. Go figure nothing wants to stick up front even the paint on the hood. I'll have to redo the inside also... with the Styrofoam that'll be a blast!

2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)
4 REPLIES 4

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Give Eternabond a call - might be a bad batch of Eternabond (it happens and they will send you a new roll) or maybe it's a contamination issue (silicone) and they may have some advice on how to remove that. My guess is that they will send you a new roll and give you advice on how to mitigate the potential silicone. Zero downside.
Kevin

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking they only applied to locations that were leaking. The front seam and around the shower skylight where the only 2 places I had issue's with anything sticking. The back corners and vent stuck good without much work. Still need to do others.

Also I think they used flex seal.. nevermind I know they did. Thinking I will use a wire wheel and soap were I'll overlap and then use the eternabond cleaner and primer for extra measure.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

Hemi_RT
Explorer
Explorer
I've run into people putting Armorall on rubber roofs, nothing sticks after that and nothing will take the armorall off. The rubber roof has to be replaced, infact the armorall makes most sealants loose their bond to the rubber roof

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm wondering if a PO put some type of silicone on the roof?

Before you go cutting part of the roof away, I would check to make sure the Eternabond will stick to the roof farther back from where you are presently working..