cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

route suggestions for trip from San Diego to Taos, NM

gsvalley
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have route suggestions for a road trip in 40' Class A motorhome gong from San Diego to Taos, NM? Planning on leaving mid October. Is weather or road closures a problem anywhere this time of year? Any help is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

dsteinman
Explorer
Explorer
We do a loop at Christmas to visit relatives in Los Angeles. Then we go down to San Diego and back home in Los Alamos, NM.

We have done different routes including the route given above.

From I10 after Casa Grande (sorry, I don't remember where exactly), you can get to Globe and US60 and then take that to NM26 to NM117 to I40.

Usually we stay on I10 to Deming to NM26 to I25. This avoids Phoenix, plus my parents used to live in Deming.

You can get snow in the higher elevations in October, but it would be very rare for the snow to stick to the roads.

David
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Weather shouldn't be a problem. I think the most pressing question is whether you want to bore yourself to death and see nothing by driving interstate, or see the country.
๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
gsvalley wrote:
Does anyone have route suggestions for a road trip in 40' Class A motorhome gong from San Diego to Taos, NM? Planning on leaving mid October. Is weather or road closures a problem anywhere this time of year? Any help is appreciated.

This is the most Obvious Route and shouldn't be a problem in OCT...
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)