cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV appraisal service

jimhaz2402
Explorer
Explorer
It's time for us to say good-bye to RVing because of our ages, physical status, etc.

We've got an '07 Tiffin Phaeton (40 QSH) with 63K on the odometer. Been garaged from Day 1. New tires in '13, waxed twice/yr with Maguiar's Marine Wax, TPMS, checked over each year by Freightliner @ Gaffney, complete detailed computerized maintenance log, etc.

Is there any person/company available that is in the RV appraisal business because I havn't a clue as to what to ask for it. Thanks for your help.

Jim
14 REPLIES 14

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Pirate wrote:
An independent appraisal will cost you around $700. You sure you want to spend that money?

Who in the world would pay $700 for independent appraisal? People do it for free. I just receivd two on ours. It doesn't take long to figure out how much your coach is worth by looking at several consignment lots and asking a few questions.

A little research will not take long and will give the OP a good asking price.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
I sold a 2005 HR Ambassador last year. My asking price was 1/2 way between Ave. Retail and Low Retail. I came off $2000 more and made the sale.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
Joatha wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Effy wrote:
Looks like you should be in the $100 - $120k range.

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2007/Allegro/M-40QSH-Caterpillar-350hp/3045991/Values

NADA is NOT accurate at all. The problem is, NADA asks for options and equipment and then you ADD those prices to the RV. The RV price guides already take into account almost all those options as they were usually standard or on all models. You will be lucky to get over 100k for your RV. The actual price range is 85k to 95k (retail) for your clean RV. Doug

Bingo! If you couldn't buy your RV without 2 AC units, then its not an option. If you couldn't buy it without an awning, then the awning is not an option. Both would be included in the base price.

Now, if your RV came standard with a 8 cu ft 2 door refrigerator and you had it upgraded to a 10 cu ft 4 door refrigerator, then THAT would be an option. But, by and large, most of the items that people check on NADA as "options" are not options. They came on the unit standard and should not be checked.

I purchased my Wanderlodge back in the spring and I looked a lot of other motorhomes (all Wanderlodge) and it was amazing how many would try to inflate the value by claiming that a 2 door base level refrigerator was an option (just as one example).

I didn't select any options when I ran it.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
NADA on RVs is a joke from my experience. There is a 2007 on eBay with 22K miles, new tires and looks nice. Didn't sell at $84K. Buy it now price was $134K. Looks to be a dealer out of Houston TX. That will give you a good idea of fair market value.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever I look at the NADA guides I always ignore the options and base My Price closer to the Low end of the scale!
It seems fair to Me that way!

I'm not looking to pay too much nor do I expect to be cheated. The vaste majority of Used RV s that are for sale are about 10 to 20% too high in the asking price! In Canada that would be 25 to 30% too much!

When selling I expect that any. Potential buyer will expect a Discount and when Buying I expect to receive a discount as well!

The True Value of any Used RV is what the Buyer and Seller agree is Fair for both parties.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
An independent appraisal will cost you around $700. You sure you want to spend that money?

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Joatha wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Effy wrote:

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2007/Allegro/M-40QSH-Caterpillar-350hp/3045991/Values

NADA is NOT accurate at all. The problem is, NADA asks for options and equipment and then you ADD those prices to the RV. The RV price guides already take into account almost all those options as they were usually standard or on all models. You will be lucky to get over 100k for your RV. The actual price range is 85k to 95k (retail) for your clean RV. Doug

Bingo! If you couldn't buy your RV without 2 AC units, then its not an option. If you couldn't buy it without an awning, then the awning is not an option. Both would be included in the base price.

Now, if your RV came standard with a 8 cu ft 2 door refrigerator and you had it upgraded to a 10 cu ft 4 door refrigerator, then THAT would be an option. But, by and large, most of the items that people check on NADA as "options" are not options. They came on the unit standard and should not be checked.

I purchased my Wanderlodge back in the spring and I looked a lot of other motorhomes (all Wanderlodge) and it was amazing how many would try to inflate the value by claiming that a 2 door base level refrigerator was an option (just as one example).

I didn't select any options when I ran it.
2013 ACE 29.2

Joatha
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Effy wrote:

2001 Bluebird Wanderlodge LX ME

jimhaz2402
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate your replies and have 'snipped'/printed most of them out to help sell our unit. Jim

thgoodman
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at PPL's website for the selling prices of all RVs they have sold in the last 2 years. Also, I googled RV Appraisal Services and looked at some of the listings on there. Most seem to only look an NADA or Kelly and give you a number. You could do that yourself.
Tom & Jan
Full timers since April '06 - 1 fur kid (Archie - mini Poodle.)
2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder towing 2012 Subaru (4 down)
Started workamping Sept '07 - "This isn't too bad. Think we'll do it some more."

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Effy wrote:

Effy
Explorer
Explorer

2013 ACE 29.2

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I see what the OP is doing. :W

Sorry to see you go, but I guess at some point we'll all have to call it quits.

Enjoy your post RV life.

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
You can look at the blue book value for the RV. You can look at ads online to see what people are asking.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star