cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV camping

cableguy574
Explorer
Explorer
What is a good campground in Savannah GA. Going in March just looking for feedback.
2008 National Pacifica V36a
2014 Jeep Wrangler /Brake Buddy
JUST Me & My wife & dogs ๐Ÿ™‚
FMCA 387898
A member of NUTS
10 REPLIES 10

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
captbru wrote:
Skid away State Park gets my vote. They do have sites with full hookups.

x2. Stayed there at a FHU site when we visited Savannah. The only bad part is that the on-line reservations are not site specific. You have to wait til you get there to choose a site.

It might be a good deal to join their Friends of GA State Parks program since you can get one or two nights of free camping and a park entry pass good for a year.

Skidaway is a good place to use free nights since a FHU site is $45/night plus the cost of a vehicle entry pass ($5?). Joining the Friends thing is $35-$55 (1 free night) or $60-$80 (2 free nights) and you get a park entry pass good for a year that works at all GA State Parks.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed on Tybee Island and Hilton Head...loved both .....spoiled with full hookups and wife is a clean nut...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

captbru
Explorer
Explorer
Skid away State Park gets my vote. They do have sites with full hookups.

ocean_bound
Explorer II
Explorer II
we stayed in Hilton head about a 30min ride 2 campgrounds there google them
Allen&carrie 2006 georgetown XL359 37ft

bobtucker
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at red gate, nice but small campground. Close to downtown Savannah. Go see the shows at the Savannah Theater. Two hours of great entertainment.Well worth the money.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
Tybee island is pretty good and has full hook ups.

We checked it out when we were there the last time. We said we'd try it if we went back. Nice place.
2013 ACE 29.2

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoyed Ft McCallister SP but I love history
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tybee island is pretty good and has full hook ups.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Skidaway island state park and loved it. It's a SP so no full hookups but they do have electric and water and the sites are wooded, they have a museum and nature walks. Close enough to Savannah that it was an easy drive downtown.
2013 ACE 29.2

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
There are several listed on rvparkreviews.com. Red Gate Campground looks interesting, although I have not stayed there.