cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV garage pictures, lets see what ya got

NTORACN
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if this topic has been done before. Post a picture of your RV garage. I think it would be good for other folks to see what it takes to build an RV garage and maybe inspire them to build their own.

Anyway, this is a picture of my $1,000 RV garage when I grew tired of doing the RV cloth cover thing for years.

I built the frame with 1.5" fence pipe, I cut and welded the peak to the desired pitch. I used electrical conduit 45 degree bends to transition the side walls to the roof bows. I found a guy on Craigslist who sold the baked on enamel decorative sheet metal and picked up two coffee cans full of those self tapping screws with rubber sealing washers to bolt it all together. I also bolted it the concrete with some aluminum angle iron. I made each door to bolt shut and is hinged on one side using chain link gate hinges. It takes me less than 5 min to have my RV out of its secure garage and ready to drive off. Besides keeping my investment out of the sun and rain, nobody knows when were gone rving or when we're at home as the rv garage looks the same. I have since sold this RV and extended my garage out another 5' to accommodate my 2006 24D on the GM chassis. I love having my RV at home under wraps. What do ya think?

Randy
12 REPLIES 12

NTORACN
Explorer
Explorer
OldRadios wrote:
We are tearing down an old two bay garage and building a new one this year. It will have three bays. Two bays for our cars and one for motorcycles and the garden tractor. Negotiating a fourth bay for the RV with the DW. Got lots of room. I'm thinking 30' deep by 40' wide. Maybe a tall overhead on one end away from the house for storing the RV across the back in the winter. Already have a separate shop and separate barn so the new garage will just be for vehicles.

We are in the country with a few acres so space, neighbors, etc. is not a problem. Probably why we shy away from RV parks and mostly boondock at remote campsites. Why go on vacation and have neighbors closer to you than at home?

Sounds like a cool project. Having covered RV storage at home is a must. post pics of the garage build as it happens. Good luck.

NTORACN
Explorer
Explorer
maillemaker wrote:
My subdivision doesn't allow the parking of RVs (not that there is any place to park it anyway) so we pay $90 a month for covered storage. Wish I lived in the country.

The price you pay for covered storage seems fair. Keeping an RV out of direct sun/rain/snow/ice is the key to protecting your investment. We don't live in the country (yet), but do live on a little less than 1/3 of an acre. Currently living in So. Calif. where land is expensive. Hoping to relocate out of state after retirement.

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
We are tearing down an old two bay garage and building a new one this year. It will have three bays. Two bays for our cars and one for motorcycles and the garden tractor. Negotiating a fourth bay for the RV with the DW. Got lots of room. I'm thinking 30' deep by 40' wide. Maybe a tall overhead on one end away from the house for storing the RV across the back in the winter. Already have a separate shop and separate barn so the new garage will just be for vehicles.

We are in the country with a few acres so space, neighbors, etc. is not a problem. Probably why we shy away from RV parks and mostly boondock at remote campsites. Why go on vacation and have neighbors closer to you than at home?
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
My subdivision doesn't allow the parking of RVs (not that there is any place to park it anyway) so we pay $90 a month for covered storage. Wish I lived in the country.
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

NTORACN
Explorer
Explorer
That's funny!! I hate my stuff sitting outside and the cloth RV cover thing became troublesome and really didn't keep it out of the weather. Will never own a home without a race shop and room for an RV garage.
MarshaNichols wrote:
NTORACN wrote:
Not sure if this topic has been done before. Post a picture of your RV garage. I think it would be good for other folks to see what it takes to build an RV garage and maybe inspire them to build their own.

Anyway, this is a picture of my $1,000 RV garage when I grew tired of doing the RV cloth cover thing for years.

I built the frame with 1.5" fence pipe, I cut and welded the peak to the desired pitch. I used electrical conduit 45 degree bends to transition the side walls to the roof bows. I found a guy on Craigslist who sold the baked on enamel decorative sheet metal and picked up two coffee cans full of those self tapping screws with rubber sealing washers to bolt it all together. I also bolted it the concrete with some aluminum angle iron. I made each door to bolt shut and is hinged on one side using chain link gate hinges. It takes me less than 5 min to have my RV out of its secure garage and ready to drive off. Besides keeping my investment out of the sun and rain, nobody knows when were gone rving or when we're at home as the rv garage looks the same. I have since sold this RV and extended my garage out another 5' to accommodate my 2006 24D on the GM chassis. I love having my RV at home under wraps. What do ya think?

Randy

I LOVE it! Wish you were my neighbor and I could hire you!!

triple602
Explorer
Explorer
Someday will own a property where I can do this...

MarshaNichols
Explorer
Explorer
NTORACN wrote:

Randy

I LOVE it! Wish you were my neighbor and I could hire you!!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
4aSong wrote:

Tried to post pictures of our new garage but cannot seem to post them on RV.NET unless they are accessed via a URL which they are not, I was hoping to just post the pictures from my computer to RV.NET.
Anyone have some simple suggestions on the best way to post them ?.

Try this posting pictures works for me !
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
I just typed 'RV GARAGE' into google search. After it loaded up I selected 'IMAGES' many pages of garage photos. Click on the one that catches your eye for more info...

Roy Ken

Tried to post pictures of our new garage but cannot seem to post them on RV.NET unless they are accessed via a URL which they are not, I was hoping to just post the pictures from my computer to RV.NET.
Anyone have some simple suggestions on the best way to post them ?.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just typed 'RV GARAGE' into google search. After it loaded up I selected 'IMAGES' many pages of garage photos. Click on the one that catches your eye for more info...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry bout that but the Lance site requires that you be registered. I'll see if I can post the pictures elsewhere with a link. Suggestions appreciated for how to share the pictures.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Check out this thread too.

RV home pictures:

http://forums.woodalls.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26766188.cfm

It is almost a year old, but still the way they did the RV garage door is really smart thinking. I will have to consider the same thing too.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com