cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Products A/C not coming on

bfkhome
Explorer
Explorer
I have an RV Products heat pump (A/C) model 6535A871 in my 2003 Itasca Horizon Diesel Pusher. It has been working fine until today. Yesterday I changed the coolant in my generator thus I had to put load on the generator several times during the drain, flush, refill, etc. stages so I used the A/C to do this and it worked fine. I ran it off and on for well over 1 hour with no issues.

Today I started my generator (worked fine) and decided I wanted the A/C on. It was almost 80 degrees F outside. I have a TrueAir Residential Control thermostat/control unit. It showed the ROOM temp to be 77 deg. F. The Fan Mode was in AUTO, FAN SPEED set to low. I clicked the control over to COOL and then pressed the SET TEMP BUTTON to 65 deg F just to get things running. But nothing happened. I was able to switch the fan over to MANUAL ON and it came on fine but the compressor would never turn on. It is a "basement" unit and nothing in the unit ever seemed to come on. The outside fan on the unit never came on.

I'm baffled because it worked great yesterday and now suddenly this. I checked to make sure my circuit breakers were ON and they all were so nothing had tripped.

Any ideas, thoughts, experiences would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go over everything again with the coolant change, look for anything that may have come loose. Look at all fuses or any switches that could have been accidently hit... I know its basic, but I've fixed many issues on RV's just on simple stuff.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think this is the right manual,

http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documents/1976323_copy8.pdf

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Have had starting capacitors and control boards both act like that with our roof mounted RV Products heat pumps. In eight years of full-timing we are on our second rear unit and third front unit, plus two capacitors and two boards.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog