cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV selling

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
Selling our rv. Where is best place to advertise?
Private messages ok.

Doug
11 REPLIES 11

2g_s
Explorer
Explorer
We took our last trip in our motorhome to Houston at PPL Consignment. It sold within a month for the price we put on it to a guy from Florida. PPL wanted to put a lower price but we thought that everyone wants to come down in price so we kept it high. Our buyer didn't even suggest lower. It's so easy to do and it's in a prime RV-buying corridor so lots of lookers/buyers.

We just didn't want to deal with endless phone calls, setting up appointments and then no-shows.

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
It's a hot RV market right now, shouldn't have too much trouble unloading it.

Was.

With the fuel prices currently market is not what it was 7 months ago.
1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
P-30 chassis 7.4L 454 TBI 58,301 miles and counting....(as of 06/08/19)
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System Generator man 360 (PM me)

ronbiel
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist is still a good place to sell your RV. Just beware of scammers.

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Doug, hope you are not retiring from the road, you bring a lot of good replies to alot of issues. Your knowledge has help me many times over.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
RVTrader for sure. I've had a lot of experience with them. Wherever you decide to list it, be sure you have PLENTY of GOOD pictures. Good pictures are more than half the battle. Craigslist brings out scammers by the dozen. If you have the time and talent to week through them, CL might be OK, but personally I prefer RVTrader.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
It's a hot RV market right now, shouldn't have too much trouble unloading it.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I used Facebook Marketplace to sell my 5er. Listed it on Wednesday, got 2 inquires Thursday, 3 more Friday, 3 more Saturday, and hit 20 by Tuesday before I could officially list it as sold. Actually sold it on that Friday to the first person to inquire, but could not meet with them at their bank until Tuesday to get a bank check from them. And the ad is local, meaning it is easy to arrange showings to interested parties.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I quit using Craigslist when it started generating more scammers and consignment shysters than people interested in buying. We've had the best luck recently (past five or six years) with RVTrader and Facebook Marketplace.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used Craigslist and sold two of my RV's for my full asking price, well above NADA prices. The difference is do you think YOU can sell your RV or do you trust someone else to get you the best price.
On my last RV I determined how much I wanted, which included all of the extras that went with the RV. I then added $3000 to the price to allow for new tires and a hundred for RV park rental.
I knew from experience that the one thing that all potential buyers asked about was tires. My listing allowed the new buyer to pick ANY type of tires that they wanted and I would have them balanced and installed. My last buyer wanted Michelin SNOW tires. Not the easiest thing to find in Florida but I had them shipped in. I also included one night's stay in a local RV park so that they could learn about the systems. Obviously all of this was done after we had closed on the sale but, as I said, I got full asking price and the new buyers were happy. This was just something that set my listing apart from others and the buyers were willing to pay more to buy a coach from someone that was willing take the time to insure their happiness. If you want to give your coach away, there are several places that will gladly help you.

Seon
Explorer II
Explorer II
Craigslist worked for me when buying and selling. When selling, I weed out tire kickers by agreeing on the price and ask for a deposit before a test drive. Serious buyers normally won't balk, tire kickers will.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I advertised for 2 weeks on RVTrader. I sold my 2006 Phaeton within that 2 weeks.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/