cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samson Tire Information

mhbell
Explorer
Explorer
I installed 6 Samson Tires on my Motor Home and have receieved a lot of questions from people wanting to Know where they are made and if to USA standards. Here is the info I have gathered. I am still working on getting a Load Inflation table. I have contacted the US distributors and asked for one. Awaiting a reply.
Mel

Guizhou Tyre Co. LTD*was founded in Shanghai and moved to Guiyang, China in 1958 and is one of the leading Chinese tire manufacturers, the home of โ€œADVANCEโ€ brand. We are the OE supplier of some famous equipment manufacturers, producing six categories and over a thousand types*and sizes of Truck, Bus, OTR, Agricultural, Industrial and Solid tires. GTC manufactures both radial and bias tires. GTC has obtained the*ISO9001, ISO14001, American NHTSA DOT certification, European E-Mark*and the*Gulf Standards GCC certification. We produce over 5.8 million tires annually with well over 1,000 sizes.

GTC North America, Inc., based in Canton, Ohio, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chinese-based Guizhou Tyre Company LTD.
We are ISO 9001: 2008 & ISO/TS 16949 Quality Management Certificate, ISO14001:2004 Environmental Management Certificate, ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and CNAS Laboratory Accreditation Certificate, SASO, The Gulf standard GCC, DOT, E-mark, 3C, Smartway and Chinese Military Product Quality System.

4580 Stephen Circle NW
Suite 202
Canton, Ohio 44718
Tel.*330 498 5000

RFCN2
Explorer
Explorer
I would not drive a mile in our motorhome on Chinese made tires. I only buy tires made in the USA. But I would not be afraid to drive our motorhome on tires made in advanced industrial countries known for high quality like Japan or Germany.

Don't get me wrong, I have lots of Chinese made things. Some like my iPad are very high quality. But if my iPad stops working my life and my families life is not on the line. With tires they are.

The fact that you cannot get inflation tables should tell you that these tires are not the same level with Michelin, Bridgestone, and Goodyear.
RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Ray_IN
Explorer II
Explorer II
Inflate tires to the mfgrs. tire placard posted in the MH. The RMA = Rubber Manufacturers Association published a pdf; CH 4, page 55, states "Inflation pressure recommendations may also be
determined based on the tire manufacturer's
specifications, which define the amount of inflation
pressure necessary to carry a given load. These
inflation pressures may differ from those found on
the vehicle tire placard or certification label.
however, never use inflation pressure lower than
specified by the vehicle tire placard, certification
label or ownerโ€™s manual. Nor should inflation
pressure exceed the maximum pressure molded on
the tire sidewall"
All major tire manufacturers are members of the RMA, and subscribe to their recommendations.
Michelin, Goodyear, Firestone, and many other tire mfgrs are members of the RMA. Visit their websites and you'll see they all state this same fact.
Here is the RMA pdf
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom pushed by a 2013 Chevy Silverado K1500 And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you โ€” ask what you can do for your country.John F. Kennedy 20Jan1961

mhbell
Explorer
Explorer
Well I finally got a answer from Samson about a Load and Inflation chart or table. They do not have one at least the North american office in Canton Ohio does not. They did however confirm that the lowest tire pressure for the GL283A 245/70R19.5 tires, was 80 Lbs with the following. Single tires at 80 PSI = 3865 Lbs Duals at 80 PSI = 3645 Lbs I am running 85 PSI in the fronts and 90 PSI in the real duals of my 2006 Huricane. Way more tire than what is needed. I weighed my Motor home this morning with full Gas propane full Gray and Black Tanks 2/3s full and fresh water 2/3s full Motor home placard is
front axle 7000 Lbs
Rear axle 11000 Lbs
Gvwr 18000 Lbs

My weights on the cat scale were
Front axle 5520 Lbs
Rear axle 10420 Lbs
Total weight 15940 Certified weight.
No handling problems and the ride is smooth
Mel
2004 Thor Four Winds Infinity R32 Class A Motor Home with F-53 Ford Chassis. Toad is a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have 6 Samsons. Some made in Mexico and some in CHina. The Mexico and the China are all similar in date.
As far as inflation I just run mine at MAX air pressure the will age out before they wear out.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
mhbell wrote:
I installed 6 Samson Tires on my Motor Home and have receieved a lot of questions from people wanting to Know where they are made and if to USA standards. Here is the info I have gathered. I am still working on getting a Load Inflation table. I have contacted the US distributors and asked for one. Awaiting a reply.
Mel

4580 Stephen Circle NW
Suite 202
Canton, Ohio 44718
Tel.*330 498 5000

Good luck with getting a inflation chart. I tried for months with no luck. If you have better luck please post or pm me.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
NOW I see it they just have a office here.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I live in canton ohio, never heard of them, but I wasn,t looking for them either.

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
All tires legally sold in the USA must meet the standards established by the US D.O.T. and labeled appropriately.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS