cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

samsung rf197 question

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
need to park my coach on a street with about a 3% grade for 24 hours. is it safe to run the Samsung at this angle?
2020 Integra 36U
can am spyder or can am commander
BE PREPARED- NEVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT.
9 REPLIES 9

Archie_Kravitz
Explorer
Explorer
Just turn the ice maker off. Mine doesn't make decent ice unless level.It will work on a hill grade that you would be afraid to walk up. been there done that.

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
I thought about using the jacks but the possible need for a quick getaway gave me second thoughts.:B
2020 Integra 36U

AZAmmochief
Explorer
Explorer
Can you overcome the 3% grade with your levelers?

Bob_AnnaMarie
Explorer
Explorer
With only a 3 degree angle you should be golden. When you get them horizontal (like we had to when we put in our RFf197) you have to let them sit for 24 hours to make sure there is no liquid in the compressor. The whole issue with these things is that liquid -- versus gas -- is not good for the compressor. With a 3 degree angle you are not going to get liquid into the compressor.

You can call Samsung. But, those who have usually do not have nice things to say about Samsung customer service. And the manual clearly states that you should level the refrigerator before you use it. So, that is what customer service is going to say. I guess I am confused as to why you cannot level the coach for a day.
03 Beaver Patriot
14 Honda CRV

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The reason you have to have an RV Absorbsion refer level is because there are NO moving parts and correct operation relies on Gravity. A Residential Compressor type refer does not require any level requirements. That said, Compressor refers when you move them and do NOT transport upright, but lay then down in a truck, DO require them to be then mounted upright and let sit for at least 24 hours because of the compressor oil that needs to drain back into the compressor. So, NO, do not worry about the level requirements that RV refers require. Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Should be level from side to side and slightly higher in the back. Look in your owners manual.

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis-

I had a problem with this fridge right out of the box. I spent two weeks, at least 20 hours on hold on the phone ,a dozen e mails and the results from this company. ZERO. We just bought new appliances and TVs recently and when the salesman asked what I was interested in I replied anything but Samsung.

Tony
2020 Integra 36U

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do you turn off your car AC when on a steep hill? A compressor based system is not sensitive to being out of level unlike an absorption system.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'd be hesitant to offer you advise and be wrong....I was once, :W.

That said, here's my advice. Click on the link below. Scroll down towards the bottom. They offer product support via live chat 24/7. Click on the link and ask your question. That way you're getting it straight from the horse's mouth. The fridge is too expensive, IMHO, to mess it up...Dennis

Live Chat 24/7
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG