cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

short Class B for fulltime solo travel

OnTaMove
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a short Class B for fulltime solo travel. Google showed me the Roadtrek Versatile, which is a tad under 19'. Any experience with it, or thoughts about other models I should look at?
41 REPLIES 41

newBera
Explorer
Explorer
Pleasure Way Ascent

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on whether you want gas or diesel. The Roadtrek 170 is on a Chevy gas van at 18'9" in length, and the SS Agile is on the Sprinter diesel van at 19'5". Your choice.
So far, your criteria includes short length, homey, and newer. We're tossing out options based on them.

19'6" or so used to be the standard length for class B vans, because most Ford, Chevy, and Dodge vans were around that length from the factory. When Sprinters got into the mix, they added more length, up to the maximum of around 24' now, I believe.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

OnTaMove
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. 19’ 5” - definitely belongs on my list. The chassis is the Mercedes "short" Sprinter. Is it obviously better than other options?

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
OnTaMove wrote:
Thank you. At present I'm leaning toward later models, for better technology and hopefully more reliability.

Try Roadtrek SS Agile.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
https://owascorv.com/new-models/2018-roadtrek-170-versatile-b-class-motorhome-owasco-rv-centre/

Short and sweet. I have no idea what your budget is, but this is a short (maybe the shortest?) class B van. I believe forum member "mumkin" drives one, if you have specific questions.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

OnTaMove
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. At present I'm leaning toward later models, for better technology and hopefully more reliability.

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
Another Class B to consider is an older Pleasure-Way; older ones (late 1990's to 2010's) are about the length you're interested in. A nice used one will save you a lot of money, let the original owner handle the depreciation. PW's are well manufactured and will be on Ford or Dodge chassis, depending on year manufactured. Another fine unit is the leisure Travel Van, but they are not as numerous as PW; and older (pre2001) Coach House Class B's are also good.

OnTaMove
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, but everything I saw on their website is over 23'.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
look here www.leisurevans.com there one of the more well built rv.s

OnTaMove
Explorer
Explorer
PS: I see the Winnebago Revel is 19' 5"; however, I don't think I need all that rugged off-road capability and grear hauling that it features. I'd prefer something a bit more luxurious and homey.

OnTaMove
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I should have been more specific. I want one that is short for a Class B. I see that the Airstream "Class B" is over 24'. I'd rather stay around 19'.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
FYI, all class B’s are short since they are made from an existing cargo van. Road Treks have been around for a long time and seem to be made quite well.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT