cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shower moisture removal in split-bath design

nomad_289
Explorer
Explorer
Many split-bath floor-plans have the shower "in the hallway" and the head behind a closed door. Fan is typically in head.

How do you remove the shower steam moisture with this design? Seems one would have to close bedroom and living room sliding doors, open head door and run fan. Perhaps for extended periods to really dry out the shower.

Is this a valid concern?

Lots of nice floor-plans have the split-bath; (although I Think I would prefer the side (enclosed) bath).

Thanks for your advice/experience.
5 REPLIES 5

nomad_289
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing your experience and approach to ventilating the split-bath shower. Sounds manageable and would open up a-lot of choices.

Thanks all.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a split bath in our coach, the door for the toilet has a 2" gap at the top and bottom, the power vent is in with the toilet. We run the fan in there and never had any issues running it when we shower. Wintered in the coach and ran it every time we showered and never had any humidity problems.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
Never a problem here in the dry west. Split baths really aren't that big a deal. Both ends usually have a privacy door that can be closed and if the moisture is a problem then by all means leave the throne room door open and the throne room vent open with the fan on.
Usually the doors are pocket doors and frequently with the right arrangement there is a vent over the lavatory that vents the shower area as well.
jwmII

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a split bath and have never had trouble with steam from the shower. Both the shower and bath have fans, but I only ever run the shower fan while keeping the bath vent open for cross ventilation. The hallway provides a nice, big changing/drying off area with the sliders closed. It's a rear bedroom setup so with the front slider closed it makes a suite of sorts.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Split baths are a deal killer for us when we look at newer coaches, in part for the ventilation issue you mentioned. Our current coach has a power ventilated enclosed side bath that easily expands when needed. The bathroom door can be latched open to block off the hallway from the living area, and with the bedroom door also closed, the hallway becomes a convenient dressing area with a wardrobe, drawers, and a full length mirror. We really like this arrangement.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate