cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide Alignment

KevinE
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 02 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. When it rains and the coach is tilted slightly the wrong way, I get a wet spot inside the lower front corner of the bedroom slide. Looking at it from the outside, the slide is not centered in the opening. It is towards the rear some which keeps the forward seal from sealing correctly and then lets the water run in at the bottom corner. I've looked at the slide and it doesn't appear to have any adjustment. Any thoughts?

thanks,
Kevin
4 REPLIES 4

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had to have both of mine adjusted and took it to a shop. Rear required a couple of shims on the slide bottom and the front they adjusted the slide mechanism. Apparently quite common and quite easy. Over time the area where the floor slides on the rollers developed a slight depression so slide sagged a bit. Like I said, common and easy fix for someone who know what they are doing.

My slides are a flush fit so a little bit of misalignment made them look odd but no functional problem.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Try to identify the manufacturer of the slide mechanism.

Once you know the slide manufacturer, then use google to see if you can locate a manual covering the slide installation and adjustment.

With this information, you have a good chance of adjusting without causing a problem.

Assuming that your slide manfacturer is Power Gear, simply googling "power gear bedroom slide manual" will provide some helpful info.

If you need additional help, try posting your request on the Monaco Owners' forum on IRV2. You may get a response from someone that owns the same coach.

Good luck.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

P3TC
Explorer
Explorer
If you have rollers on the bottom of the slide, see if the they can be adjusted to level the slide.

My front slide has the same problem.
:)1998 Monaco Diplomat

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
have you looked at the bottom of the slide outside? Ours was coming apart there and caused a leak on the floor in the bedroom.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited