cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out dead

ronmc
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 Kountry Star Class A.Today the main Slide out will not extend. The 20 amp. fuse is good.When pressing the button,the green light does not light up.Any help will be appreciated.
Ron
2002 Kountry Star
2007 Honda CRV
Used Brake Buddy
5 REPLIES 5

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
ronmc, I just went thru a similar problem and my chassis battery was not charging fully. My slides were dead. My chassis battery is now charging 14.5 and the slides are now working. This might not be your problem, but worth checking out!

ronmc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for tips, I loosened the panel the switch is on and reached in and shorted across the switch.Slide went out.Now if I can find a number for the switch. I'll sit here for several months.
Ron
2002 Kountry Star
2007 Honda CRV
Used Brake Buddy

hottubkid
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you check all fuses in the coach. My flashers and running lights failed and because they blew two fuses my leveler so wouldn't work. Same fuse does many things
hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
You need a complete circuit to light up that light. If you can actually get to the slide out motor wires, take your jumper cables and wires out there and connect to the battery and motor wires. If the slide out moves with just the negative connected, it's the negative wire that failed (most likely), if it moves with the positive connected, it's the positive. If it doesn't move at all, it's the motor.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the switch out and you should be able to jumper the two (?) wires going to it to see if it's the switch.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.