cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide out travel locks

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
My slides seem to movea tiny bit when on rough road. Rarely make noise but one will on a good bump. Thinking about adding travel locks to secure and stabilize. First, do many of you use these? Second, do you use them front and back side of slide or just one per slide? Finally any other tips from your experience other than hangar on slide button as reminder they are installed.
4 REPLIES 4

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I also was wondering if using the locks would keep some of the stress of the road off the slide mechanism and perhaps keep a bad road from jarring the mechanism out of sync. Been on some roads this year that are so bad I am amazed anything works.

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
What do you mean? "It rocks a tiny amount"
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't extend. It rocks a tiny amount.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can buy them or make your own (closet rod pole cut to fit with rubber cabs on ends).
Should use 2.......one each side towards top/side of slide out.

BUT real question is......why is slide out extending (even a little bit) while in transit :H

Motor driven....worn clutch/motor brake?
Hydraulic.......leaking solenoid/valves, leak in ram seals?

Unless mfg. supplied locking bars (due to design/CYA)...they really shouldn't be needed IF system is working correctly
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31