cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smooth ride in used class A under $25000.00

mystique
Explorer
Explorer
I have spinal problems and rheumatoid arthritis. Looking for tips on a used class A with the smoothest ride. Can't take sway, bounce or bumping. I feel every crack in the road when riding in an SUV or short wheel base vehicle. I know there are a lot of factors involved in getting a smoother ride but I want to start with the best ride and go from there. Thanks!!!!
5 REPLIES 5

fighterpilota
Explorer
Explorer
An 8 airbag Monaco Dynasty rides good. At least our 1997 38 footer did. Bought it for 22,000. Missed a 1998 for 20,000.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
LOL! The ten air bag system gives you a stiff ride. If he wants a soft ride, just get the four big air bags on Spartan or Freightliner chassis. The roadmaster rides like a sports car (rough and stiff).
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
I too have RA, and also suggest you find a 10 bag air ride system if you are having a hard time with your RA. I have a Ford F53 and have install air bags that did help but no where an air ride system. Good luck

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Get a diesel pusher with airride suspension, then install a drivers seat that will also move up and down to cushion the bumps, either hydraulic or air.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Your best bet would be getting a DP with airbags suspension, however, it is unrealistic to expect any motorhome to ride like if you were floating on a cloud. It's not going to happen. Good luck!