Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Thinking about buying a class c

I am retired and thinking about buying a class c for my wife and me.How old can I consider? What should I look for? Do not want a real big one.

LM3 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Blown engine

Driving home from Texas my Vortec 8100 decided to **** out on me 450 miles from home. I left it at a Chevy dealer to look at and rented a car to make it home. Chevy just called to tell me the engine is shot, $10-20k to fix. That's big $$ for a '04 Ge...

JJ927 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

How long can you go on a 50 amp extension cord?

How long can you go on a store bought 50 extension cord? I need to run both AC's and lights TV etc, the normal things. Is 100 feet safe? or 75? or 50? or ? It's for a 38 ft Class A diesel. Was able to measure this morning, total length wil...

supercub by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Reflectix on window, long-term?

I want to block the rear window that's over the bed, in the rear corner of my motorhome. Is there any issue with fastening bubble layered Reflectix to the inside, and leaving it there indefinitely?My main concern is excessive heat buildup between ...

coolmom42 by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

1979 Travel Queen ONAN Generator

I have 1979 Travel Queen Class A motor home with a ONAN Generator on it! When i first bought the rig it worked great. I have had it serviced regularly! Last year when i was driving it back home from a camping trip, we hit a pretty big pot hole tha...

Cwatson by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

2003 Minnie Winnie

Has anyone removed the tv cabinet/storage in the loft above the driver's seats? Looking to remodel to a loft bed there.

cdromo by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Lippert/Schwentec slide lube

Have a 2015 Winnebago Vista 26. Found a utube video that showed how to lube the slide mechanism. They seemed to make it fairly easy to lube the parts, but when I pull back the rubber weather seal, there is no way I can get the red straw bent around. ...

Toilet replacement 1995 Bounder 35, not finding a fit

I recently acquired a pretty clean 95 bounder 35 on a Ford F53 chassis. 66000 miles and a good price. Owner took good care of her, not perfect, but for the price a great way to start RVing.Toilet is original, a Thetford Aqua-Magic Galaxy/Starlight....

jeromep by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for a good RV

Hi all, I recall a topic where RVers discussed the short comings of some manufactures ands the Go to manufactures Comparing one make to another company From all the members combined experience. I thought it was on RV.Net Could some one please dir...

abdiver by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrical fire

If this post is not in the correct spot , mods plz move it to where ut should be thanks.last night i had an electrical fire and lost a large portion of my engine harness. Im on the lower mainland of British Columbia and will be spending most of today...

Generator won’t start 8500

We had one air con on and microwave. It stopped and won’t start. No clicking when trying to start with switch. No power at all going to generator. Have power to starter. Have a 2019 fleetwood discovery 40 XLE. Lots of diesel. Need help. Generator li...

Wickman by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

2006 travel supreme

Dash air doesn’t work and now when i turn on vent it blows hot air. Any reason and way to fix this..? Thanks

Flooring Under Dinette (Pictures)

We bought a brand new Four Winds Hurricane some 12 years ago and began updating the interior. We removed the dinette completely as we’re adding a corner chair there instead. We’re ready to start pulling up carpet to replace the flooring when we disco...

FLfamily by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

questions on parking dp vs gas on grass

I hope this isn't too dumb a question... When I see a DP for sale, like online, is that the height they are going down the road or does the air ride raise it more? My 2005 Georgie Boy 35 gasser is parked next to my house, on a gravel pad. I back it u...

onrecess by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Rv water heater turning on then shutting off

Our rv water heater wont stay on and we are having the worst time trying to fix it. We literally live in it right now. We cleaned all dirt and debris out. Press button inside and it turns on stays on about 30 seconds and shuts off. Dont know where re...

Amygisme by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes