cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some folks just don't care...

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Had an interesting experience recently at the CG. I noticed our new neighbor had a beautiful, brand new Leisure Travel Libero B+. I wandered over and we started chatting out our rigs. Not being familiar with his coach I asked what engine/drive train it had. He thought about for a moment and then said: I don't know."

He walked around to the front and pointed at the Chevrolet emblem on the hood, "Some kind of Chevy I guess, I just put gas in it." I was more than a tad surprised, I mean this guy just dropped around $125,000+ on this gorgeous coach and he had no clue what was under the hood. Now I am not a motor head per se but am still having a hard time wrapping my head around not knowing or obviously caring. :h It obviously works for him and I have no problem with that, like a said a gorgeous coach, I am guessing it was the 6L. I didn't bother asking about the mileage. :B
49 REPLIES 49

USARMYCW
Explorer
Explorer
Different strokes.........

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
At least he knew it was gasoline powered and not diesel!

Altern
Explorer
Explorer
I have a friend somewhat like that. Hand him a screwdriver and he wouldn't know its working end, but he's a genius at making money.
He contends its simpler to hire someone to operate the screwdriver. :B

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
There are people out there that don't know how to open the hood of their car....

I guess certain people just don't really care, as long as their vehicle works. Apparently some of them buy RV's.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Could be he just didn't want to have further conversation about it. I have met RVers that want to be social and talk and others not so much.