cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinette cushions

Snowwolfe
Explorer
Explorer
Our Tiffin has the hardest dinette cushions we ever sat on. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions for replacing the foam would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
Years ago people here gave me links to a few companies that sell the foam for seats and beds. I'll try to find them.

I've always wondered, if it is possible, is to make custom cushions using two types of foam: soft and hard. Make the cushions using soft foam on top and harder foam underneath. Seems to me that this would be similar to getting a "foam topper" for a mattress. Some day I might try it.
They make memory foam mattresses that way. Hard on one side and soft on the other. You just flip it to your desire.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
How cold is it were you are at? Warm weather might help if it is cold where you are.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to Google and type in the state and Fabric and foam. You will find many.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
There was a thread a while back that talked about replacing cushions with some links to replacement foam and other ideas.

Cushion Thread

Hope this helps.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago people here gave me links to a few companies that sell the foam for seats and beds. I'll try to find them.

I've always wondered, if it is possible, is to make custom cushions using two types of foam: soft and hard. Make the cushions using soft foam on top and harder foam underneath. Seems to me that this would be similar to getting a "foam topper" for a mattress. Some day I might try it.

nelson
Explorer
Explorer
If they need replacing I would look for a fabric outlet, They can cut and install new foam for you.
2002 Damon Challenger 348 Ford V10
Blue Ox Auto Stop and Aventa II Tow Bar
2001 Ford Sport Trac with Remco Driveshaft Disconnect

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
Some new cushions can be firm but will soften with age and as the fabric begins to stretch out. However my 1st call would be directly to Tiffin. If there is nothing they will do for you, any professional upholstry shop can make new cushions.
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad