cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sound Proof Dog House

mdecastra
Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas on what and where to get material to reduce engine noise (around dog house) in my Class A.
18 REPLIES 18

mdecastra
Explorer
Explorer
I can see where 3.5" of fiberglass has a .90-.95 Noise Reduction Coefficients (NRC). Not sure how much room is under my dog house hood. Any more thoughts?

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World used to sell a kit that came with this material, a can of 3M spray adhesive and silver tape. You can probably buy the insulation at the link above or a hot rod shop. The 3M and silver tape are available at Home Depot.

I applied the insulation to the underside of the doghouse and used the silver tape to seal the seams. The silver tape is VERY sticky and will hold the insulation in place.

I had extra insulation when I did mine years ago and cut pieces, sprayed them with glue and reached under the edges of the engine box (what you would see if you were under the vehicle looking up) as far as I could and applied them. I also made sure I got a thick application around the gas pedal to keep the heat off of my foot.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
West Marine or other marine supply store. They have it in a couple thicknesses and sizes. While they come preglued I used 3M spray adhesive
and it still holds 8 years later. Reduces engine heat into the coach also.

PS: I applied mine on the engine side not the cockpit side of the doghouse.
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

L2R
Explorer
Explorer
I would probably look at what automotive companies do. that is, insulation like I see on the underside of a car hood. JC whitney comes to mind or google car sound

or
insulation.http://www.stockinteriors.com/HeatSound.asp?Itemid=4783&gclid=CjwKEAiAkpCkBRCtstKQo5ia5nESJACsCikRPB5ZujzRPNrX1kHBEyolZBZPlKFBjyI4Ml372B4tLxoCoqLw_wcB
Just checked our bank account, we can retire today if I stop spending money now.