Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space is everything in a B

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just wanted to share this tip:
We carry a broom in our B (a SportsMobile) and I had shortened the handle for use when the top is down and storage. Have had several occasions when we could have used the broom outside, but the short handle made it was a pain. So I took an old/cheap adjustable paint roller extension handle and screwed it in to the broom head. Ta-Da, a broom for all purposes.
Just thought I share this simple tip as I am always looking for nifty ideas. Got any to share?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
8 REPLIES 8

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only one piece to carry. The telescoping paint roller extension screws into the broom head and STAYS attached. My roller handle closes to about 30" and telescopes to about 4' (about that of a regular broom handle). I just enjoyed taking two old, relatively useless items and solving a problem. Rather than going to CW with my plastic card in hand.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
I'd rather have a swift kick in the nards than buy something at Camping World again.

The same thing can be had at Walmart, or buy on Amazon. Cheaper too.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
It is a opportune solution if you have the old adjustable paint roller, but as you say, space is everything. You now have two pieces to carry and keep track of when a telescoping broom handle would be much more compact. When the broom handle is telescoped closed the overall length is about 2 feet and stores away in many places. A two foot broom handle would be too short for indoor or outdoor use, IMO, but is a great space saver. There are probably more telescoping broom handles than what Camping World sells.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guess I could have gone to Camping World as others suggested, but I figured that I'd take an extra old tool, that I don't plan on using incorporate it with a semi useful broom and combine them into a practical, useful tool for all occasions. Saving space in my workshop and saving a hit on the old plastic card. As I said before space is everything in a B.

RayUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
garmp1 wrote:
Just wanted to share this tip:
We carry a broom in our B (a SportsMobile) and I had shortened the handle for use when the top is down and storage. Have had several occasions when we could have used the broom outside, but the short handle made it was a pain. So I took an old/cheap adjustable paint roller extension handle and screwed it in to the broom head. Ta-Da, a broom for all purposes.
Just thought I share this simple tip as I am always looking for nifty ideas. Got any to share?

Great idea. We have a coupla extension poles at home we use for different tool heads.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World has had several versions over the years.
Davydd

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
The campingworld one I had was garbage, it came with some Wierd dustpan that had an angle that made it next to impossible to use. A few weeks later the telescoping handle slid out, plastic piece fell off, and I threw it out....

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World sells a nifty telescoping handle to get both a proper height to use and a short handle to make it easy to store in a B.
Davydd