cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Utilization in Sprinter RV

dmichaelwells
Explorer
Explorer
After months of staring up at the empty space behind the rear overhead cabinet and the back doors of my 2010 Pleasure Way Ascent each time I woke up during camping trips, I have found a way to use this space: Cargo netting and Rare Earth Magnets (sometimes marketed as "Super Magnets"). The best way to describe it is with pictures, unfortunately, I am not able to figure out how to attach the jpg pictures. I repurposed an old Subaru cargo netting that I never used and attached it to the metal frames behind the cabinet using magnets that had hooks. They included 45 pound strength hooks that are carabiners (four) and open hooks that are rated as 65 pound strength, two on the bottom corners and one at the top for attaching the "open" end of the cargo netting. We now use this for soft items such as foul weather clothing (rain jackets and the like) and extra towels or blankets. If you want pictures, I can send them on request.
2 REPLIES 2

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
It's definitely satisfying to discover your own mods for your class B. Especially if it was empty space going unused!

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
dmichaelwells wrote:
The best way to describe it is with pictures, unfortunately, I am not able to figure out how to attach the jpg pictures.
Very simple, just go to this link:

RV.net Photo Posting
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -