cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spare Tire carrier

brianseay1
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 07 Coachmen Cross Country. I am wanting to carry me a spare tire but have no idea where I can store it. Do any of you have this same problem and if so what did you do? My old coach had a place underneath it for the spare. Mine is on a Freightliner chassis and I fail to see anywhere that I might be able to carry one. Thought about trying to fabricate a carrier to fit in the receiver hitch. Hope some of have ideas and pics, Thx for any info.
Brian & Neena & B.G.
B.G. 2014 Goldendoodle
2007 Coachmen Cross Country 389DS
300 HP Cummins Turbo Charged
03 Sahara Jeep Wrangler & 05 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
2014 800 RZR4
Roll Tide Roll
18 REPLIES 18

The_Logans
Explorer
Explorer
We got the RoadMaster spare tire carrier...

http://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/spare_tire/index.html
Me, My wonderful Wife, 2 Bluetick Hounds, a Newfie, a Cairn Terrier & a Black Lab / Newfie Mix.
2018 Jayco Alante 31v

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn’t an extension seriously reduce the receiver’s capacity? 30 to 50 percent?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I threw mine in the rear bay.

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at your rig it appears to be a rear engine diesel. Road Master makes a spare tire carrier that mounts in your hitch, you then add an extension to that and tow your car. It works and allows access to the engine without dismounting the tire.

We have one on our Tiffin RED. I do have to raise the rear with the jacks to get the last little bit, not a deal breaker. I like the security of having a mounted spare and the tools to change it.
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)