anything. Could someone help me and give me advice

Thanks
2000 Newmar Dutch Star 330hp
toad 2013 Toyota Tacoma
18 REPLIES 18

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
Store inside if at all possible. The sun and heat will ruin more that you think. Even if you cover the tires the heat alone will degrade them. I wouldn't worry about the fuel that much.
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer

PF_PM
Explorer
Explorer
Try Overton RV and Boat Storage. In Overton NV. Between Vegas and Mesquite.. Under cover !! Shaded storage is important in the summer ..
2005 Newmar 34' Kountry Star, 8.1L W22, Blue Ox 10K, Honda Pilot, Bijon Shitzu (Sassy) dash dog. Nine Provinces, Two Territories, 47 States, Northern Mexico... so far..

mdprince
Explorer
Explorer
When I think of storing an RV in high heat, dry and sunny locations for that long - the first thing that comes to mind is SHADE !! Protection from the sun and the ridiculous outdoor and indoor temps. Me thinks, if I couldn't park it indoors, I would invest in a cover. JMHO
2006 Revolution LE 40E
2004 Jeep Rubicon Toad/Brake Buddy or
20' Toy Trailer/Quads 'n Dirt Bikes

DBakker1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advice
2000 Newmar Dutch Star 330hp
toad 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
The temperature can reach 110+ in Las Vegas (most of the summer). Protect the coach as much as possible.

You may not have a choice, but I would try for a covered or indoor spot. The damage to the paint and everything else will be accelerated.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
DBakker wrote:
It will not be under cover and I will not have an electrical connection

If your paying for storage than get a storage place that you can put it under a carport, the sun here in the summer is brutal..

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have the covers over your roof vents that prevent rain from coming in, leave the vents open to allow a little of excess heat to escape.

Dogcliff
Explorer
Explorer
You can help preserve your interior wood by filling large containers (think 18G rubbermaid) with water. After my last Tucson summer storage, there was just a little of the 50+ gallons I put out.

Cliff Addison
2003 Monaco Signature 42/Lower 48
2002 Winnebago Adverturer 32/ Anchorage AK

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Cover your wipers, and use Reflex ( sp? ) in all the windows. Make sure the tires are covered too, and bungee them on really well so they don't go flying away in the scorching summer wind. If you have a shower skylight, cover that with Reflex also as well as your vents ( inside ).
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

vegasfoodguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I add Biocide, add diesel fuel conditioner, then top off. Remove any soft packaged food (That might attract critters), turn off the battery cutoffs, close the drapes and forget about it.
If your batteries are in good shape, with no parasitic draw, you should be fine.

Terry
Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler, Brake Buddy.

two-niner
Explorer
Explorer
The sun can age your tires and dash real quick. Protect them at all cost.

There has been days when the relative humidity has been 1%. Diesel not so much of a problem. The coach is going to get hot and stay hot.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I advise you to cover your windshield wiper blades from the hot summer sun or they will be ruined by UV rays from the hot summer sun. I use winter pipe cover insulation and cut it to size with a pair of scissors to where the insulation covers the full length of the wipers. Saves me from buying new wiper blades every year. That Southwest sun is very harsh. My last trip to the Southwest the sun shrunk my windshield seal. I had to buy a new seal over the winter for my RV! A new outside windshield shade cover is in order next for me.

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
DBakker wrote:
I do plan on removing the batteries and taking them home
to keep them charged up

You are going to haul the batteries all the way back to Saskatoon to charge them? Why can't you fully charge them,disconnect them totally and leave them in the unit.You know that up here batteries are left 5 months in the bitter cold winter year after year.I have a set right now that is on it's sixth winter.To each his own,but that is way more work then I would do.Small solar panel?

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
ScottG wrote:
I would top it off and put a double dose of Bio-bore or some other brand of biocide in the tank and run it a few miles. While you'd probably be OK without it, it's cheap insurance against potentially many thousand of dollars in repairs.
It would also be good for the batteries if you could put a maintainer (not a trickle charger) on them during storage.

Don't forget to run the generator to circulate the treated fuel through the generator fuel system also. Also you may want to plug the exhaust pipes to keep out critters.