cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

super usb wifi antenna by c. crane

joema62
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used this particular antenna and if so what is your experience with it
7 REPLIES 7

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
From my experience and many tests a stronger signal is faster than a weaker signal. The first two tests below are using my external/usb/yagi antenna showing five bars. The last two are 3-4 bars using my laptop's internal wifi/antenna over a two minute period. The results are 2-3 times faster with a five bar signal.
PS: The internal wifi is 200 mb while the external one is only 150 mb speed.

Sat Mar 22 2014 @ 4:59:49 pm Dallas, TX US US arrow 7.5 MB 3.55 Mbps 444 kB/s Bellsouthnet history 5O80YNE share history

Sat Mar 22 2014 @ 4:59:22 pm Dallas, TX US US arrow 7.5 MB 5.28 Mbps 660 kB/s Bellsouthnet history jUeLmC4 share history

Sat Mar 22 2014 @ 4:58:31 pm Dallas, TX US US arrow 7.5 MB 1.8 Mbps 224 kB/s Bellsouthnet history Z4g39SK share history

Sat Mar 22 2014 @ 4:57:40 pm Dallas, TX US US arrow 7.5 MB 2.44 Mbps 305 kB/s Bellsouthnet history L2vcshQ share history
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

tiredkid
Explorer
Explorer
joema62 wrote:
Has anyone used this particular antenna and if so what is your experience with it

may give u a better signal reading but if the park system is slow and or overloaded as most all are there is no advantage to such a device
I had a crane and it was a total waste of money

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've tried various adapters and for 1/4th the price of a Crane I've had good results with something like this. Currently it changes getting five 3-4 bar signals to 15 out of a total of 28 signals. It lets us sit outside McDonald's and get a good signal while sitting in our car.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

rvjames
Explorer
Explorer
We use it and found it simple to setup and it seems to definetely help get a better signal. Doesn't help much with the RV park wifi being terrible but at least we can connect!

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We too have used the window suction cup Crane WIFI Antenna in the past for getting better signals at the campgrounds. Worked good for us... I use several CC CRANE items such as their CC RADIO PLUS and the AUDIO Transmitter unit.

We finally switched to secured Verizon MIFI plan and don't really mess with the camp ground WIFI anymore now... The MIFI plan allows up to five WIFI enabled devices on at the same time and works great all over the areas we go to here on the East Side of the US.

The big deal for us switching to the MIFI unit in addition to always having internet coverage is it creates a WIFI HOTSPOT and doesn't tie up one device to be used.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
Don't tease "wecantwait!"! what is the cheaper more efficient model?
Thanks
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
I had used a WiFi antenna by Crane in the past. It really helped in different campgrounds to provide a good signal. I had it mounted to my crank up TV antenna, I think this was the reason for the units demise due to vibration. I know others have used the unit to with great results. I just found a cheaper unit that does just as good.