cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Survey - How Do You Store Your Class A?

cbr46
Explorer
Explorer
Considering new home options and how to store our Class A. Currently it sits in the driveway, exposed. I don't like it but not willing to invest in a short term structure.

So what is the consensus? How do you store your Class A?

Full timer, park to park?
No shelter?
Park at storage facility exposed?
Park at storage facility under roof?
RV Garage?
Pole barn?
Sits in the driveway?

If you built an enclosed garage, what was the cost, how big, what materials and how long ago? or $/sq ft?

With enough responses I'll build a spreadsheet with percentages.

Thanks for your time,
- bob
83 REPLIES 83

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
It is parked beside the house plugged in, hooked up to water and used as the spare bed room. washed and waxed twice a year. give us 2 hours notice and we can roll.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Outside in my backyard.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
28 by 42 shed in back yard, biggest the city would let me build at the time. Now that I've downsized to a B, I have plenty of room for all my other stuff!

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I store my RV just like all the RV selling stores right out in the open weather which they are designed for! All my coaches that I owned have been stored outside properly and I've been RVing since 1976! Great Question!

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
Stored indoors out of the elements. Pricey, but not exposed to the elements or sunshine. We had it stored outside with a cover but it became to hard to put the cover on and take it off. I would have it at home under a cover if I could get it into my yard. Power pole makes it impossible to do. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
First, we would prefer to have a huge garage at home but we are in a gated community. ๐Ÿ˜ž

While in California, we store the coach in a rented enclosed garage, 30 amp service, gated and camera'd.

While in TN, it's in a RV park (no good storage available).

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
In storage open to the elements. Try to keep it clean and waxed hoping that's enough not willing to put out the big bucks for enclosed storage.
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides
2019 tow dolly hydraulic brakes

glamisorbust
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 30x80 storage building. Completely enclosed. Very nice and keeps my rig out of the weather.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38'. Cummins ISB 275, allison 3060.
Toys pulled: 22x8.5 open deck PJ flatbed. 5200# axles. Sand car with ecotec engine. Multiple 1980's ATC's(3 wheelers). We're duners!

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Covered storage in AZ where is doesn't freeze.

You should tell people where you plan to store the MH and see how people in the same area store it. If you're in Minnesota, getting responses from people in AZ isn't really comparing apples to apples.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.