cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suspension improvements

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Had Safe T Plus, centramatics installed. Front end alignment and Roadmaster rear Sway Bar adjusted. Original install was slightly twisted. My 38 Q is so much tighter. Riding like a dream.
5 REPLIES 5

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that some mods should be standard equipmen. The steering stabilizer is a safety item. It impacts wandering in wind or bad roads or just the turbulence by a passing truck. It prevents accidents caused by road debris. It should be as much standard equipment as seat belts. The centramatics are a preference. The wheel alignment is maintenance. I do this to my cars. The rear sway bar is something I tossed into my bargaining for the purchase. I am not sure I would have done it otherwise. I like the fact Tiffin is making some suspension improvements an option like sumo springs. I have done many other mods with new motorhomes in the past. This one rides and handles besotted with no changes so these changes are enhancements where they were a necessity in the others.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
One has to wonder why we need to modify anything with an expensive purchase such as this. Does everyone mod the front suspension on their car, soon after the purchase?
With my old P32, I did change out the front coils to eliminate those ridiculous air bags. Still it rode and handled well, both ways.
With our most recent and present coach, I have no plans to mod anything and again, why should I have to?

Yes it would be nice but Ford does not make a perfect chassis, but with a few mods it does get a lot better, however I still think Ford does a good job its the RV maker that really fails in most areas.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
One has to wonder why we need to modify anything with an expensive purchase such as this. Does everyone mod the front suspension on their car, soon after the purchase?
With my old P32, I did change out the front coils to eliminate those ridiculous air bags. Still it rode and handled well, both ways.
With our most recent and present coach, I have no plans to mod anything and again, why should I have to?
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

AZAmmochief
Explorer
Explorer
Did the Safety + last year, just finished the front and rear sway bar adjustments this morning. Easy do it yourself job, major handling improvements. Should have done this years ago. Happy travels.

ratfink09
Explorer
Explorer
+1 on the Safe-T-Plus steering damper. We had that installed prior to picking up our `17 Tiffin 35 QBA. Also had Sumo Springs installed during the build at the factory. Handles pretty good so far. 24k chassis. Front end alignment is always a good idea with weighing and checking tire pressures. Sway bars and track bar so far not indicated.