cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sway on a gasser

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
OK, my first class A. Moved from a fifth wheel, towed by a dually. Wife does not like the sway/rocking we are getting. I've been on line checking options and have four solutions. Which would you do first? or open to your ideas.

Safe-T-Plus
Spring kit(?)
Koni - shocks
Helwig Rear Sway Bar
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)
19 REPLIES 19

EdInArk
Explorer
Explorer
If the rig is on a Ford F53 chassis check out ***Link Removed***

I did this right away then added a Blue Ox Tiger Track track bar a little later. Our rig is quite easy to drive now.

Edit:
OK. New here. It removed the link. But just Google "Cheap Handling Fix." It will vastly improve he swaying and rocking. The track bar virtually eliminated the tail wagging in the wind.

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Hold her wide and let her eat. You will get use to it if tire pressures are right
Dennis Hoppert

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Try the Cheat Handling Fix first. Then a rear pan hard bar, or track bar as most call it. If the swaying is still a problem, try either Sumos or Timbrens to increase the spring rate. Air bags can be used, but some of them can be damaged if you have to raise a tire off the ground.
Wildmanbaker

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Start by getting the rig weighed. Best to try a scale so as to get each corner.
Look at make and model of tires. Adjust air pressure per tire manufacturer's inflation chart.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
4 corner air bags with a dash control to inflate or deflate worked for my Workhorse chassis. I do have Koni FRS shocks.