cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tail light issues

Ramblin__Rosie
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Winnebago Outlook 331C. The tail lights use the two filament bulbs that are commonly found in trailer light for the brake and turn signal, plus a single filament bulb for the backup light (refer to the attached picture.) We are having chronic problems with the two filament bulbs coming dislodged, thereby making the brake light and/or the turn signal inoperative. Removing the lens and jiggling the bulb solves the problem, but the problem re-occurs after we get back on the road. IS there any effective solution to this problem?

Is there any way to replace these light fixtures with LED fixture? If so, can anyone recommend a specific product? Ideally, I would prefer something that can be surface-mounted, so I don't have to cut holes in the fiberglass for a recessed mounted fixture.

Tail light picture
Cartersville, Georgia
2007 Winnebago Outlook 31C Class C
(Chevy 6.0L 6000 Vortec Chassis)
17 REPLIES 17

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,m 74. been in the auto business for most my life ,never seen a bulb come loose in the socket there spring loaded . push in twist they lock in the socket. I have seen where the glass and the brass come loose and the light still worked . pull the blub all the way out so you have the complete bulb in your hand look at the number and buy a new one. or stop at autozone and they,ll change it for you.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
most truck stops will have the LEDs you are looking for as they use surface mounts a lot.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Replace the bulb socket, check auto store, Amazon etc. Google LED compatible bulb type for your bulb.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob