cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking first trip after 2 years.

roads_to_travel
Explorer
Explorer
Getting excited to make the first trip in 2 yrs. DH had 2 major surgeries last year and is just starting to feel like going somewhere. Had the motorhome tuned up new batteries new tires and the generator worked on. Have only 1 Drs. appointment to go to and in 2 weeks we are on our way to the Oregon coast. Going to do nothing but relax and enjoy ourselves and the motorhome.
8 REPLIES 8

Mr_Bojangles
Explorer
Explorer
Okay....... I been there, at least drove thru park on Rt 101.
Others may have ideas or thoughts on this area. I know I would like opportunity to travel area again and just might get it.

Enjoy!
SAFBVET.....

roads_to_travel
Explorer
Explorer
Going to go to Depoe Bay and stay at Foggerty State park campground. We are going to rent a car and travel up and down the coast. Went there about 3 yrs ago and loved Depoe Bay and Florence. This time with a car we will be able to venture out more.

Mr_Bojangles
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Have a nice trip.
Are you going near the Columbia river?
Elaborate on your plans. We all can enjoy the IMAGINED trip from memory or images from the internet. We could give suggestions or thoughts to enhance your plans.

See ya on down the road.
SAFBVET.....

dennisgt60
Explorer
Explorer
Wishing you all the best and many happy times ahead..
2012 F-250 XLT, 6.2L, 4x4, CC, Standard Bed, 10,000lb. GVWR, 3.73 Axle.
Truck CAT Wt. 7,120 lbs.
Stated payload max. 2,881 lbs.
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws.

Devonm2012
Explorer
Explorer
Grew up in Oregon and LOVE the Oregon coast! Was there just last year. Sit back, relax and enjoy! You have earned it!! Travel safe.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I know what you mean. Had open heart surgery last fall and carotid artery surgery two months after that. I feel like a new man and good for another 100,000 miles!

So we hit the road in July for two to three months to cover the northwest. Will be in Oregon too in the Sept time frame.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Enjoy the trip...look forward to many many more...may sunshine fill your days..the Oregon Coast can be beautiful...even with the usual overcast...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

popeye766
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you.....