cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin slide malfunction

Semi_Retired_Gr
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2013 Tiffin 30GA purchased new. In 2015 the front slide would neither extend nor retract evenly. Had great difficulty getting it in or out. Returned it to the dealer for repair and after discussion with Tiffin they installed a 3/16th inch underlayment for the rollers (which Tiffin covered under warranty). Worked well until we recently experienced the same issue. Have followed the online tutorial and have talked with Tiffin service in Alabama - neither able to correct the problem. Couldn't get a service appointment until May 20! Any suggestions?
Gary & Liesel
Cocoa, our Chocolate Lab companion
2013 Tiffin 30 GA
2004 Honda Element Toad
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You do NOT have to go thru a Tiffin dealer. ANY Service Center worth anything can work on a Schwintek slide. Your problem may be as simple as needing 2 new motors. This link to Vroom in Arizona is for a complete replacement of a better slide system for the Schwintek. Around $2700. A LOT of Tiffin owners have gone this route due to their problems with Tiffin Schwintek slides. If I had a 10 year old Tiffin, and it is not a less than $500 repair, I would have the Vroom system installed. Doug

http://www.vroomslidesystems.com/

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Please explain difficulty getting in and out. Does it stall? Does it jerk? Does it not track evenly and then stalls or stops? Does it make any abnormal noise? Have you "reclocked(timed)" the motors by hitting retract and when fully retracted hold the button for 15 to 20 seconds? Same procedure if it will fully extend, hold the button for 15 to 20 seconds after full extension. Doug

Semi_Retired_Gr
Explorer
Explorer
To clarify - this is a SCHWINTEK slide. Also, I did contact a local RV Dealer and was told they won't work on a Tiffin slide. Suggested I seek out another Tiffin Dealer.
Gary & Liesel
Cocoa, our Chocolate Lab companion
2013 Tiffin 30 GA
2004 Honda Element Toad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Tiffin warranties their slides for 2 years. That is an unwritten rule.
2. Your Motorhome is now 10 years old and 7 years past the last warranty repair.
3. Tiffin may repair under warranty, but they will require you to make an appt at Red Bay. I don't know if Tiffin's west coast warranty center will do this type work.
4. Tiffin uses about 6 different slide mechanisms. So, you need to be MORE specific about which system you have. SCHWINTEK? Hydraulic(HWH), POWERGEAR(12 volt Motor). EACH mechanism has different parameters. Doug(Tiffin Dealer service tech)

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
...Unless it is under some kind of warranty and you HAVE to go through Tiffin for support on this....I'd start calling around, try and find someone else that might could get to this sooner. Maybe someone local, possibly a mobile RV repair shop?

Failing that, I'd just make due with it without opening that one slideout until May. Not sure what else you could do...
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")